Sign in to follow this  
robert_achleitner@chello.at

2 Questions before renting a server

Hi!

I would like to host a server, but before renting one and applying for it with the dayz team i have 2 questions:

1.) Voice chat:

Does the ingame voice chat in the direct channel need some extra voice chat slots on servers? Many servers offer to rent voice chat slots along with game slots, so i am wondering if i really need them, or only if I want to run TS/Mumble/Ventrillo at the same tiem

2.) Ban list:

I know that kicking people for no reason is forbidden, but what about people that exploit the game, by 'jumping' servers to get behind people hidden in buildings, or escape with some loot in safety and then jump back on the current server? Are admins allowed to ban such people from their server?

I appretiate any information about this topic! Thx!

@devs:Great job with this mod!

Hi!

I would like to host a server, but before renting one and applying for it with the dayz team i have 2 questions:

1.) Voice chat:

Does the ingame voice chat in the direct channel need some extra voice chat slots on servers? Many servers offer to rent voice chat slots along with game slots, so i am wondering if i really need them, or only if I want to run TS/Mumble/Ventrillo at the same tiem

2.) Ban list:

I know that kicking people for no reason is forbidden, but what about people that exploit the game, by 'jumping' servers to get behind people hidden in buildings, or escape with some loot in safety and then jump back on the current server? Are admins allowed to ban such people from their server?

I appretiate any information about this topic! Thx!

@devs:Great job with this mod!

1.) No

2.) No

1.) No

2.) No

^ What he said.

The voice chat is in-game and as such does not need anything else installed/configured outside of setting your DayZ server up.

As for kicking/banning people, no.

Here is some good info as well for you:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1251-want-to-host-a-dayz-server-read-in-here/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7876-server-hosting-quick-faq/

Sorry, I didnt look exactly on the button and thought it says 'Reply' and not 'Report'. Anyway to cancel them?

Basicly I wrote:

Ok thx for the answers!

And that I hope that this server jumper issue gets fixed with some patch somehow once.

Don't waste your money. With how bad the hacking is right now and the misperception that all admins abuse, it's not worth the trouble.

• Like 1

Sorry, I didnt look exactly on the button and thought it says 'Reply' and not 'Report'. Anyway to cancel them?

Basicly I wrote:

Ok thx for the answers!

And that I hope that this server jumper issue gets fixed with some patch somehow once.

Rocket is working on a "fix" next patch for it, hopefully it works well.

Was considering the same. Getting tired of server admins constantly changing server settings after I get comfortable on a server. Average cost is about 200?