Sign in to follow this  
Xerxio (DayZ)

Recurring stuck of teammates

Hi there,

I have some questions; I've searched the forum but did not fight something comparable.

We are playing with up to 4 friends together in general. Since 1.7.2.3 we have recognized a strange behavior.

DayZ is generally running smooth with high FPS and good ping for all of us. We observed the following phenomenon on several serves now:

We are playing and after a while we see each other stuck anywhere running/crouching at a place without moving. Interesting is that this is the case for all of us so everybody sees everybody else in this state. But each of us can play, hunt Zs, kill them etc. Zs are also moving like there is no issue for each of us.

If I wouldn't have played with my friends, I would even not recognize that there is an issue. This problem occurs irregularly without a clear root cause. It last between 30 seconds and some minutes. After that I get short time a read chain (sign for bad connection) and than everything is ok again, but we have to find each other due to the fact that we did not see the movement of each other for a while.

Also we tried to pick up some equip out of the bag packs of each other during that state. During this situation we can look into the bag of each other and the moved equip will appear in our bag after the situation has become normal again.

Do anyone knows, what is the reason for this event?

Greetings

Xerxio

They are desyncs between the server and the HIVE. This is an issue that especially since 1.7.2 has been quite bad. Sometimes I feel like we're desync'd more then not. It's especially apparent when you're in a vehicle with other people. They'll all see your crashing into a wall and driving circles while you, as the driver, are not noticing anything weird.

To clarify; the connection between you and the server is fine, that's why you can still shoot z's and stuff. It's an issue with the connection of the server to the main database (The HIVE) where character and vehicle data is saved.

Edited by Hakultair

Ok, thanks for the quick answer.

So it is not a specific problem of us and we have to wait for an update and/or hotfix.

Thanks

Xerxio

the red chain sometimes happens to me when someone is connecting or disconnecting from the server...i am guessing that the red chain means that there is no comm with the Hive (desync)...not sure, but even when i have red chain i can play normally only not to disconnect while i see the red chain, then i lose my progress within the last few mins...

when i play in a group we did see those ppl stuck in one place but it was not a big issue...In a week it happened like 2-3 times..so no cause for alarm..but if it happens on daily basis hm...

oh u have got the answer already...sry

Edited by snowcrAsh42

@snowcrAsh42: For us this problem occurs several times during one session. The red chain is not the problem. I have the same experience like you on that. I mentioned the chain because during this kind of stuck/desync there is no chain and suddenly it appears when the desync ends. But as I have learned now, I have to wait for patch.

Thanks anyway.