Phillip (DayZ)

So what am I supposed to do?

When I spawn, I have no weapon. When I try to go in a town/village to scavenge for weapons, I get attacked by zombies. Even if I'm prone on the ground and my visual and audio is have no bars, I'll still occasionally get attacked by a zombie. I have no way of killing it. I can't run from it because I'll just bleed out and the zombies never get tired or give up.

How am I supposed to play the game?

Forgive me, I just started playing Saturday night. I watched videos explaining how to play as a beginner and seen a lot of other videos and Let's Plays.

Previously, you spawned with a weapon. From the videos I've seen, it was first a revolver, then it went to a Markov, and now it's nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah i'm pretty sure they removed that. The starting weapons, that is.

I suggest you stab your closest friend and take his stuff.

Right, here you go.

Use this map to work out where you are when you spawn: http://dayzdb.com/map#6.066.076

Run to Cherno or Elektro, don't worry about the zombies, they can't hurt you if you don't stop running. Run into buildings until you find a weapon and supplies, the zombies cannot run into buildings after you, they will awkwardly shuffle through the door.

Once you have a weapon and some food/drink, head north and do what you like.

• Like 1

You can lose the zombies chasing you by running through building or woods/bushes where they lose their line of sight of you.

Zigzaging up a steep hill made the zombies walk straight up so you can outrun them and lose them that way, dunno if it still works though.

• Like 1

Your first port of call are barns. These are easy to enter and easy to exit, they have plenty of space to run around and lose zombies in and more often than not they will have shotguns in them. Try to avoid towns and cities when you do not have a gun especially if you're new to the game. find a nice cluster of barns and just sprint into them. Quickly look for loot and then get out the other side of the barn. Currently Zombies do not run inside buildings so you can lose them very easily. Try to avoid any buildings with only one way in and out as this increases your chances of getting cornered.

• Like 1

Find a hatchet, equip it as a primary weapon, practice melee combat with Zs...

Find a hatchet, equip it as a primary weapon, practice melee combat with Zs...

I was wondering: I found a hatchet, but the only option I got is to chop wood with it? Wich well seemed kinda strange to me...How do you equip them as weapons?

I was wondering: I found a hatchet, but the only option I got is to chop wood with it? Wich well seemed kinda strange to me...How do you equip them as weapons?

right click-remove from toolbelt. puts it directly in your pirmary slot and DONT FORGET to reload it :).

if you then find a primary, be sure to put the hatchet first back to your toolbelt otherwise if you pick up the weapon it drops the hatchet and if you then try directly pickup the hatchet again it will delete your weapon. atleast that happend to me :)

Edited by Bezki
  • Like 2

Right click it in inventory, remove from toolbelt. Then press R.

• Like 2

Hello,

I feel your pain, it takes a while to get used to this game, but you will see that it gets alot easyer very fast.

First off, never run near zombies, allways crouch, and if needed, use shift crouch ( slow crouch), they should not be able to hear you.

Later on, you will learn to just run, grab ur stuff in a house, keep running, and by runnign trough a house/ cutting corners, you will notice, zombies are just so stupid, they are no threat in this game, whatsoever.

(it takes some time to trust urself into doing this, but beleve me, just run straight up, aggro all the zombies, grab your stuff in a house=> run out=> u lost all ur zombies, and u got all the stuff, losing no time whatsoever).

Alternatively, some people might hate me for teaching u this, but ima do it anyway.

Just log out/in when u got zombies, zombies near you despawn upon logging in. no more zombies.

Just do what seems more fun, i used to silent crouch but now i use the run/ relog method just because i cba anymore

Stay away from Cherno, Elektro, NW Airfield. Loot deerstands

NW airfield? giveme a break, i been running for 6 hours straight from hangar to hangar, barracks to baracks, never saw an enemy player.

Just stay away from high populated servers.

NW airfield? giveme a break, i been running for 6 hours straight from hangar to hangar, barracks to baracks, never saw an enemy player.

Just stay away from high populated servers.

I went to a server with 1 person in it at pitch black night. i had to use my NVGs or else i wouldnt be able to see my own gun and still i managed to get in a firefight

I went to a server with 1 person in it at pitch black night. i had to use my NVGs or else i wouldnt be able to see my own gun and still i managed to get in a firefight

"unlucky" comes to mind :P my friend had about the same thing. I am allways on 10-20 man servers, every time i go there, can't find a single living thing :/

Right, here you go.

Use this map to work out where you are when you spawn: http://dayzdb.com/map#6.066.076

Run to Cherno or Elektro, don't worry about the zombies, they can't hurt you if you don't stop running. Run into buildings until you find a weapon and supplies, the zombies cannot run into buildings after you, they will awkwardly shuffle through the door.

Once you have a weapon and some food/drink, head north and do what you like.

You can lose the zombies chasing you by running through building or woods/bushes where they lose their line of sight of you.

Zigzaging up a steep hill made the zombies walk straight up so you can outrun them and lose them that way, dunno if it still works though.

Your first port of call are barns. These are easy to enter and easy to exit, they have plenty of space to run around and lose zombies in and more often than not they will have shotguns in them. Try to avoid towns and cities when you do not have a gun especially if you're new to the game. find a nice cluster of barns and just sprint into them. Quickly look for loot and then get out the other side of the barn. Currently Zombies do not run inside buildings so you can lose them very easily. Try to avoid any buildings with only one way in and out as this increases your chances of getting cornered.

Thanks all of you! Took bits and pieces of each of your advice and make it into the woods after scavenging a crossbow! Looted my first barn and got medical supplies. Game seems much easier now that I know how to evade the zombies :P

Thanks all of you! Took bits and pieces of each of your advice and make it into the woods after scavenging a crossbow! Looted my first barn and got medical supplies. Game seems much easier now that I know how to evade the zombies :P

The crossbow is shit and will only get you killed, replace it as soon as possible.

Hello,

I feel your pain, it takes a while to get used to this game, but you will see that it gets alot easyer very fast.

First off, never run near zombies, allways crouch, and if needed, use shift crouch ( slow crouch), they should not be able to hear you.

Later on, you will learn to just run, grab ur stuff in a house, keep running, and by runnign trough a house/ cutting corners, you will notice, zombies are just so stupid, they are no threat in this game, whatsoever.

(it takes some time to trust urself into doing this, but beleve me, just run straight up, aggro all the zombies, grab your stuff in a house=> run out=> u lost all ur zombies, and u got all the stuff, losing no time whatsoever).

Alternatively, some people might hate me for teaching u this, but ima do it anyway.

Just log out/in when u got zombies, zombies near you despawn upon logging in. no more zombies.

Just do what seems more fun, i used to silent crouch but now i use the run/ relog method just because i cba anymore

Relogging is seriously lame :/ what's the point in playing a survival simulator if you cheat to survive?

I don't understand why so many people when they first spawn with nothing try going into massive city's and then bitch about having nothing to defend themselves with.

I don't understand why so many people when they first spawn with nothing try going into massive city's and then bitch about having nothing to defend themselves with.

because big citys are the easiest place to find a gun cherno or elektro are my first port of call