Sign in to follow this  
seannybgoode

More zombies please.

So I can see in the new 1.5.8 patch, that all the whining got them to reduce the zed numbers.

The first time I played 1.5.7 I thought the new zeds were hard, but I got used to it, and learned how to avoid them/fight them. The new zeds made the game fun because players now had to compete for the top of the foodchain. Agroing zeds in a city could be extremely dangerous because you might have to fight a large number (15-20) zeds, and running was often the only option.

The last thing this game needs, is to become another run of the mill experience, because the minority of loud-mouthed-whiners complained that the game was too hard. This game is *supposed* to be brutally hard. So deal with the night-time, and deal with lots of zombies every where.

Is this carebear apocalypse survival RPG or is it zombie apocalypse survival RPG?

Maybe we should take out all the zombies and pvp, and instead the players could all do quests together killing boars in the forest for l33t xp. Sound good?

And instead of shooting we could just give eachother hugs, and lots of humanity would mean you gave lots of free hugs.

1.5.7 didn't have enough zeds, and now there's less. So, what does it matter? Less zombies is a bad idea. It's whiners winning over what the vision for this game is.

I think the number of them is fine, but they need to fix the movement so you can actually hit them before they are 12cm from your face and flailing in the air :/

In fact in the main cities there should be MANY more to make pvping there far more dangerous.

Brutally hard is not the same as brutally frustrating. Brutally hard should avoid intelligence and wit not just put 1000000 zombies on the player whenever he is seen by a zombie. See my thread for what we are complaining about.

I agree with Nasher here. They aren't brutally frustrating. If you're getting mobbed by 1.0 x 10^6 zombies, you're not doing it right.

Play smart and that doesn't happen.

I would have no issue with more zombies if they didn't constantly spawn during combat.

An engagement of 10 zeds can easily turn into 40-50 only because of the constant zombie spawns around the player.

It's not just that they spawn, the louder weapons will attract zeds from *much* further away. I like the fact that I have to decide if it's worth it to start popping zeds where I am, or to take off and try to make a run for it.

I think if they made it *possible* (but not always the case) to get away from zed agro, the spawn rates and everything could be upped even further. Like, what if zeds couldn't get through closed doors? Or you could even add a barricade feature that locks down the door from both players and zombies. This would make it possible to run inside a building to get away from zeds, and while leaving you surrounded, would be better than death.

I don't think the number is a problem, but the fact that they can spawn while you're fighting is dumb.

I actually like how fast the zombies are, and that they move in crazy patterns. I think it makes them a way bigger threat than if they were just shuffling forever.

However, I hate how you can't drop zombie aggro, save for bugs like the docks. I know the devs want to work on this, but my dream zombie aggro system would go something along the lines of.

1) A zombie is aggroed to a player, causing the zombie to target that player specifically.

2) While targeting a player, the zombie's senses are enhanced. Its range of sight and hearing are increased to indicate its deliberate focus in hunting the player down.

3) If the zombie loses contact with the player, it will attempt to find the player, resulting in a two phase strategy.

3a) Moving toward the player's last known location (or perhaps along the player's last known trajectory).

3b) Searching for the player if it cannot be found where the zombie predicts the player should be (trajectory or last known location).

4) Eventually, the player can evade the zombie by remaining undetected for a significant length of time, which would result in the zombie going back to its shuffle state. Now I don't think zombies should ever rubber band back to their spawn. If you drag a bunch of zombies to a barn and manage to hide in it from them, they should shuffle around where they lost interest. This way, the player would still have a problem.

5) If the zombie notices the player during their investigation, they resume pursuit mode.

I would have no issue with more zombies if they didn't constantly spawn during combat.

An engagement of 10 zeds can easily turn into 40-50 only because of the constant zombie spawns around the player.

+1, I loved the increased zombie counts, the 1-2 minute spawn rates were causing the problems where you'd clear out an area then move in, only to have them spawn on top of you.

4) Eventually' date=' the player can evade the zombie by remaining undetected for a significant length of time, which would result in the zombie going back to its shuffle state. Now I don't think zombies should ever rubber band back to their spawn. If you drag a bunch of zombies to a barn and manage to hide in it from them, they should shuffle around where they lost interest. This way, the player would still have a problem.

[/quote']

Zombies already do this. Some poor sod aggroe'd a group and ran straight toward the Balota airfield. Popped him with a slug and the zombies crouching around him, and then dispersed around the hangar/control tower.

Don't know if this is normal but they sure did it!

The problem at the moment seems to be they keep spawning endlessly. By the time you killed the first lot more have spawned and already aggroed. The only thing you can do to make them stop is run into a building and log out, or run way into the woods and hope to kill the ones following you (but most likely there will be to many) :/

I sat in a barn for maybe 10 mins killing them as they came in, by the time I ran out of ammo there was a mountain of corpses. But then I fell off a 2ft drop, broke my legs and died :(

Yep you are special.

With limited guns and ammo BRING ON THE HORDES!

No thats stupid....

I spent hours running AROUND small villages to find water and beans because there were too many zombies, you cannot sneak in, you cannot shoot your way in. I found a tent that had a couple of guns and decided to shoot the zombies in the area I counted 10 before i started to shoot. I killed 7 and then went to reload at the tent.

Next thing I know I'm looking at 20 more zombies. Where the fuck did they come from? I had to leave the area. So I thought well the must have come from the village down the road which was about 8 or so houses. No that was not it because there was 18 zombies wandering around. So I pop a smoke grenade away from one side of the village and that did nothing but make more zombies spawn!

The AI is borked or something is wrong the Zombie count is so high you cannot do anything but die.