loliceman

Stuck in endless hourglass

Hello DayZ community. I have an issue that started this morning, everytime i log in i just see this endless hourglass animation, it has no end.. Been stuck at the hourglass for ages now..

my blood is at 5k but i dont seem to have any broken bones etc, why do i get this?

I'v tried:

-Change server (tried around 15)

-reinstall mod/game

-flushed my DNS/IP cache

-rebooted computer

-waited

The problem is i cant press "esc" so i cant respawn or access the menu.. Can a admin please reset me? i just found an awsome DMR and i would like to keep it :)

Thanks in advance! player ID: 43530118

Edited by loliceman

This happens when you log off when in shock, it'll last 5 minutes in-game, all you can do is wait.

You must wait, in-game.

It's meant to deter people from logging off when in danger.

Edited by BobofTibia

This happens when you log off when in shock, it'll last 5 minutes in-game, all you can do is wait.

You must wait, in-game.

You must wait, in-game.

I can assure you that this is not the case, i have waited for like 40 mins ingame and the hourglass haven't even started to move :P

I'm in the same situation. I don't want to keep anything, just wanna play. Any solution ?

Just stay online and hope someone finds you and shoots you^^

• Like 1

Lol :P i would have tried that if i wasn't in the far north forest, if someone finds me it must be a miracle :P

u need to leave yur player to die of starvation

Lol :P i would have tried that if i wasn't in the far north forest, if someone finds me it must be a miracle :P

Heh, never easy. you still stuck? :P you could join a server with hackers/scripters, they love killing people^^

same here i was being attacked by zombies i had a shit load of good on me, then one rammed me and it broke my fucking leg somehow just by ramming me and now im stuck. Im more pissed off at this game than any other game right now.

If you can give me your coordinates i can help...

otherwise you can just wait until you starve to death.

Having the same problem, it's a pain because I can't even respawn. Mine sort of stuck on the eggtimer and i'm unable to press anything or do anything.

It feels like the game has crashed but i can still see the chat etc, just the egg timer isn't going down.

Same issue here. I'm lying there at the shore in the water. Hourglass won't move, Esc not working.... Can't believe that the only solution is to starve to death. Cool design this game. Have to keep the pc running just to be able to die. Fcuk this game, everybody is leaving anyway.

*FIX*

just leave zhe game

open varma 2 combined operations

in there go to profile selection or something

delete your profile or make a new one.

go in dayz and its fixed

I tried to delete my character profile and it goes red..wont let me....I create new and it lets me delete... I create new and join dayz on the new profile and Im in the same hourglass locked up character as in the other profile...isnt there a character file i can delete or whatnot that the character information is saved in... I did all this in arma2 co not dayz menu

Edited by Excidium1138

The character information that you use in DayZ is stored on the DayZ hive. Which is inaccessible to people other than the DayZ Staff. So deleting your profile on the client side has no effect because the information is linked to your Player ID, and your Payer ID stays the same no matter how many profiles you create, your name just changes. And your Player ID is linked to your CD-Key.

The only solution that I know of is to wait it out ( have ARMA running in the backround while you do something else and keep checking see if you've starved and died ), Get someone to go to the server you are on kill you, or request a character wipe ( usually takes ages ).

OK !!!! I waited it out.......took forever to die from hunger..took 2 1/2 hours but im able to play again!!! thanks ...I just had to wait it out...alt tab and get some sun....:)