Sign in to follow this  
Bansheebandit

I need help

Im on the wall about weither or not ill be able to run dayz at a playable FPS (30-60 fps). Please help, heres my specs

---------------

Amd athelon phenom II X2 (2.8 ghz)

Ram: 3GB ddr3 (1333) [i just ordered 8 gb but idk if itll help]

gfx card: ATI radeon HD 4200 (Used as an integrated card)

Hdrive: 500 gb (not worried here)

If you need any other specs let me know and thanks.

Probably not going to get the FPS that you want with that, even when using low settings.

Edited by thisisbleep

Probably not going to get the FPS that you want with that, even when using low settings.

Not even 30 fps? And what needs to be replaced?

The graphics card is very old and will hold it back, so you need to use the low quality settings and even then it might not be great.

You can always download "Arma II Free" and try that, it is not exactly the same but if you have problems with the free version you will be guaranteed to have problems with DayZ because it is more resource intensive.

It runs around 25 fps and has a slight keyboard and mouse response lag time. I was going to get a new gfx card but my power source is too small. Will the ram help? Im gettig 8gb very soon

RAM will only get you so far. I would prioritise replacing your GFX card. You can pick up a very decent card these days for less than £100.

A good power supply (PSU) is very important, if it breaks or is not capable of the required power output you will most likely lose all of your PC components and have to start from scratch. It costs 70 pounds for the Corsair 650W PSU: here

Personally I would just save up and buy a new PC, you will run into problems (e.g. old mother board not compatible with a new component). All of the components are old and need to be updated sooner or later.

If you are young now is a good time to get a summer job and earn some money. If you are already working try to cut back on something to save some money each week.

Dump a dedicated video card in that uses less than 75 or 100W (whatever the limit on the PCI-ex bus is) and you'll probably be fine using the power supply you have.

If you don't have a pci-ex slot I think you're going to be pretty hindered by the onboard graphics.