Sign in to follow this  
cheeki_breeki

US 273 admin abuse

Long story short, we were having fun with the lads, had a car, one of our teammates accidently shoots the car and I say "You nigger, looks at what you did, now the car is full of holes". Got banned for racism.

Our lads start asking what was wrong with that, since Iv known the guy for ages and we do it all the time. We explain the situation to him, and what do we get? "My server, my rules".

They try to have a discussion with him about making his own rules and banning people for absolutely ridiculous reasons. Also, 2 of our guys were kicked while talking to him.

We also have some screenshots out of this discussion. Check them, make your own decision. Im sure youll see right away what Im talking about.

http://i231.photobuc...20-18-25-05.jpg

http://i231.photobuc...20-18-37-79.jpg

http://i231.photobuc...20-18-43-58.jpg

http://i231.photobuc...20-18-50-68.jpg

http://i231.photobuc...20-18-58-91.jpg

http://i231.photobuc...20-20-28-00.jpg

Edited by Valomerkki
  • Like 2

No admin abuse IMHO just ignorant players.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

I went ahead and put the part thatll concern you in Bold, Italic, and i underlined it for you.

I'd agree, this isn't abuse. . if your friend used the N' word he's rightfully banned. . Just because your ignorant to think it's not a bad word doesn't make it not a hate word. Ban rightfully given. . . it'sd sad the COD kids have brought this word into a fun realm.

How could this not be admin abuse? he kicked 2 people for arguing with him

Edited by Boston Brand
  • Like 1

No admin abuse IMHO just ignorant players.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

I went ahead and put the part thatll concern you in Bold, Italic, and i underlined it for you.

How often does that ever get followed.

Except that when it's addressed to your friend, in direct chat, with no one else around, it is neither malicious nor racism, and frankly none of the admin's business.

If he had been harrassing another player or using hateful comments that would be another story, but as it stands it was clearly friendly banter between two buddies, without any hateful intent or racism involved. The admin had no right to eavsdrop on their private conversations, and certainly no right to ban without warning. The argument and kicks that followed are clear signs of abuse of power.

• Like 2

Though I do not consider nigger a rasict term, most do and have a good reason too even though most people know little to nothing about the word or the time in history it was popularized. Pro Coach Carter Tip: If you do not like other people using that word, as some black(or any other race) people do, do not use it yourself by reffering to your friends as "niggas" or any variation of the term. It tells them that its okay to use it.

I do agree that he should've given you a warning. Using it just once shouldn't result in a ban. That's ridiculous. Then again im not the server admin. He was right. You said something that was again his/her rules. You got banned. Get over it.

EDIT: Also I in my post I said "the word" a few times. In my personal opinion, with the topic that is at hand its better to just use it then to go "DAT WURD" over and over again. I do not mean to offened and I'm sorry if I did. If this thread offends you in anyway I do not believe that me or anyone else was spreading hate in this thread. This thread is about a server admin and a banned user. Nothing more.

Edited by RapturJesus

How often does that ever get followed.

that's besides the point. you're taking a chance by breaking the rules

it's like getting pulled over for speeding and telling the cop "b-b-but everyone speeds down this road"

• Like 1

How could this not be admin abuse? he kicked 2 people for arguing with him

quite simply, stop being a liberal idiot.

they broke the rules. their buddy got banned for it, they then started kicking up a storm and being disruptive to the server, as is evidenced by their own screenshots.

disruptive behaviour is a very subjective term.

I think he was well within his rights. they are kiddies who cant play without dropping the N word.. they are better off out of DayZ.

• Like 1