QuickSkope

Skin Swap makes Lost NVGs + More. Backpack Fine.

Fixed with bug report prerequisites.

Date/Time:Monday May 21st at 4:10-25ish PM

What happened: So, I was running along the outskirts of Zelenegorsk, and I pulled up my benoculars to check out a barn. I then crawled over and my skin changed from bandit to survivor. i crawled through the barn, and then on the other side tried to use my nightvision goggles. The didnt work, so I checked my inventory, and my bennoculars, nightvisions, and most of my inventory was gone (mind you not my backpack, which contains 3 useless but rare mountain dews :( ).

Im not sure if anyone has had items disappear on them, ive retraced my steps for 30 minutes but found nothing. Nothing from my backpack is gone, my equipment is still there, and I never found anything on the ground.

Im just wondering if theres any way to get my guy rolled back, I havnt died, and only moved a little. Also, just letting you guys know of this bug.

Where you were: I was on the outskirts of Zelenegorsk, near the stable and industrial building.

What you were doing: Walking around, my skin changed from bandit to survivor (best guess as to when it happened)

*Current installed version: 1.5.7

*Server(s) you were on: US12

*Your system specs:

Intel core i7 first generation 950 (OC'd to 3.7 GHZ on air)

GTX 460 hawk (OC'd to 1ghz on air :D)

64 bit Windows 7 OS

RAM: 6 GB

*Timeline of events before/after error:

(All close estimates)

4:10 Left Zelenegorsk

4:20 Used benoculars to watch a industrial building

4:25 Skin changed from bandit to Survivor

4:30 got into industrial building

4:35 realised my Items were gone.

Thanks for reading,

QuickSkope.

I got teleported from the NW airfield to the middle of the ocean when I changed back to survivor skin. Lost NV goggles, GPS, some assualt rifle with a military torch underneath.

I just started over again. The game is in alpha, can't complain :)

Oh yes, this very same thing happened to me aswell a couple of days ago.

I was at NW airfield where I off'd another survivor. (I'm beginning to think karma actually works in DayZ, something bad always follows when I do something like this.)

And I lost

My primary weapon (Mk.48) and all the ammo in my inventory,

NV Goggles, rangefinder (seems that everything from the optics slots disappear), but I kept my backpack and my PDW...

Thankfully a couple of bandits wandered there later and at least I got my NVG's back, but is this one of the reasons why the Bandit/Survivor humanity skin system is being scrapped? Would these problems continue once the changeable skin system is implemented?

Still a bug in 1.5.8.2

Wonder how it'll work with manual skin change? I noticed I didn't lose my gear when BECOMING a Bandit, just when transitioning back

Ya, I noticed this too. Im just choked as hell, and those 3 mountain dews I have sit uselessly as trophys when I lose my inventory and whatever else I had :(.

Upside, my Lada is still alive.

But ya, Rocket get on this if possible. It appears to be only when you go from bandit to survivor, not survivor to bandit.

Thanks.

Same thing happened to me. Twice.

It doesn't happen going from Survivor to Bandit. It happens going from Bandit to Survivor. Items in the backpack are not effected. Primary weapon, Binos, NVGs are gone. One time most items in primary item slots were gone. The other time they were not.

Not sure if this bug report matters since Bandit system going away, but just in case, I wanted to post.

One of the more frustrating bugs since NVG and a silenced M4 with CCO are so hard to find. I just ended up suiciding into a bunch of zombies since I didn't have any pistol ammo at the time. Lol.

1.5.7 and 1.5.8.2

bump, had this happen to me several times and its annoying as hell

Ive done *some* researching in to this...why some items were disappearing and some werent. I found a lot of my rarer items that I would find off other players would disappear after a skin change.

Im starting to think that maybe the items Ive lost during skin change were duplicated, and during the skin change (and inventory update), duplicate items were removed. I have not lost any rare items that I found myself during a skin change.

Thats false, Ive lost things ive found myself. Unless someone cloned benoculars and dumped them in a wooden cabin, I think your theory is debunked sorry to say.

Regardless, it sucks :(

Just had this happen to me, lost my M16A2 M203, all my ammo, smoke and frag grenades and my binoculars.

Ugh, this put a damper on my evening to say the least as I'm in an area where I NEED the gear I just lost due to this bug.

Ya, its total crap man : /.

This shouldnt be a problem anymore, as humanity is junk ATM. But if this isnt fixed come bandit removal time, shit is gonna HIT THE FAN!

This needs to get to the mods and admins attention before Thursday, or dicks who killed for their items will have them tossed (Not a bad thing, but not really fair)

Just lost my M4A1 w/Flashlight, Eotech and Nade launcher to a Tent bug, and my car crashed going 20 mph : /.

My jimmies are so rustled right now.

I had the exact same problem. I was just making my wait out of cherno to the northwest airfield when I switched from third to first person (against my will). Switched back and saw the survivor skin.

I noticed my AKM was no longer on my back, so I checked my inventory in the hopes it was only a visual bug.

Nope, AKM gone, several mags, a few other random items, all gone. But I kept a stack of green chemlights, which is really weird.

Me too. Lost NVG's, Rangefinder, M4, all the ammo. Pretty much everything except items in the matches/compass/map area and the stuff in my backpack. Went from Bandit to survivor and lost the lot. Soooo raging at the time as I've played this game for maybe 2 months now and have only ever found NVG's once. Lost them in under 30 mins thanks to this glitch. Was running along with NV on and suddenly all went to darkness. Thought maybe they had limited battery life or something...checked inventory and they are gone. Along with almost everything else :-(

More delicious tears for Rocket.

Registered just to post this has happened to me twice in the past 24 hours with 1.5.8.4

Please fix this. I dont normally go bandit as Im not out to kill people, but this bug is gonna make me ruthless if I ever get bandit skin again so I dont lose my gear for a third time.

this same shit just happened to me, i've lost a Camo SVD and almost all the inventory on the right of the main weapon, the only thing that didn't disappear are some painkillers...

and now i cant even see how much humanity is gone, so i dont know how close i am to it happening again.

Date/Time:

27/05/2012

0015hs GMT

What happened: Lost all itens except the itens in the backpack

Where you were: nowhere, maybe spawnpoint where characters are created

What you were doing: logging

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: Chicago 21

*Your system specs: Intel core i5 fi

64 bit Windows 7 OS

RAM: 6 GB

*Timeline of events before/after error: Just logged

How can i get my stuff back? i Had a nice gear...

Had this happen today turned into a survivor and my AK and 9 mags disappeared from inventory.

Happened to me today when asked if I wanted to be male or female, I guess since bandit is removed I was reverted back and now I don't have shit AGAIN and don't even feel like playing anymore.