Sign in to follow this  
Noctah

Message to the Bandit with an empty Makarov, inside a factory cabin.

You, unknown bandit, you shot your last bullet and hid inside a cabin in the Factory parts of Cherno, where zombies were pounding you one by one.

I came by to help a survivor, shot the zombies with my Makarov, and when i went inside the cabin, i saw a bandit skin with a makarov pointed at me.

I didn't think, and shot three times in your head.

Only 5 seconds later, i realized i heard a click from your gun. You were trapped in there and harmless as a kitten.

I really regret shooting you. Even as a bandit hunter, this wasn't a hide and seek in the dark night. It wasn't an honorable way to die.

I never knew your name, your body didn't even tell me for some reason.

But i'll say it out loud : even if I find Bandits very fun to kill, with no downsides whatsoever to killing them... the Bandit skin must die.

It makes me feel like i'm in the old Apartheid with the Bandits being discriminated against, rather than Blacks. I see one, I just think about killing it, without thinking of him as another survivor, even if rough, even if half crazy, even if he can, and will backstab me, even if he'll shoot me while I think about trusting him or not...

I would have bandaged him and dropped a mag or two, and left. There. That's what i would have done.

And if there wasn't that damn skin, I would even chatted with him, and asked if he wanted to join up.

It just felt wrong. So wrong.

HuggeTheDruggie : You were in that cabin, with zombies pounding on you, and got shot before the zombie ...?

It was you ...?