Sign in to follow this  
Duazt

Help with FPS - trees are evil.

Anywho, I was just fooling around in Arma II Singleplayer and some regular OA Singleplayer, and for the most part I can run it fine, however in Day Z regardless of my settings my FPS drops to half if not less.

Any suggestions for fixing that and defeating the trees?

Keep messing around with my settings but nothing seems to help, I attempted to use that "RAMDisk" but either I have done that wrong or that does not help that much.

My computer is a bit aged at this point in time, the graphics card is also a bit shitty compared to newer things planning on getting a new computer. From what I can guess from the page on Newegg, it is a "CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1343 Desktop PC" or something along that lines, would that be sufficient enough to run Day Z?

You might wanna check out Notorious. http://not.enjin.com/

We are about a dozen at the moment pretty much always someone online, most people are from the states and above 20.

EDIT : Sorry wrong thread, please delete my post

Edited by Gyroslove

You might wanna check out Notorious. http://not.enjin.com/

We are about a dozen at the moment pretty much always someone online, most people are from the states and above 20.

EDIT : Sorry wrong thread, please delete my post

I was about to ask, how does that help him?

But your edit beat me.

My internet speed according to my wireless network connection box...Thingie is... 54 Mbps

On similar note, I also have similar problems with TREES in the newer version of M&B: With Fire and Sword

Edit :I would like to note that the computer I stated is the one I am GETTING and not the one I have now.

What is the most likely issue is that I am running this on a oldish laptop, the ASUS U50A.

Then again I did just play in Arma II, in differing bootcamp things, such as the firing range, and the first mission for a little bit and the TREES did not make my game unplayable beacuse of the speed.

Second Edit: Currently, I have cleaned out my computer using ccleaner and deleted a lot of unused files, thus I am able, at least on some of the seemingly BETTER servers can run decently, a few trees don't have a lot of impact but a large forest does. Buildings and the like don't decrease my FPS at all.

The damned forests man, the damned forests.

Edited by Duazt