ColtonCM

Upon loading server list (ARMA II or DayZ) internet completely crashes

When I launch ARMA 2, with DayZ in the launch properties or not, and then go into the server browser, I first notice that every host has the giant red X next to their name. Not long after that, my internet completely goes out. I am disconnected from ventrilo, none of my browsers will open properly, and it doesn't fix itself until a few minutes after exiting ARMA 2.

Anyone else with this issue or know of a fix?

Have you downloaded the latest patch? I dont think that would cause everything to fuck up that badly but that might be it.

How do I know if I've downloaded the latest patch? I just went to the website and downloaded the files manually, placed them in the \@dayz\Addons folder in the steam directory, and tried to play. Even with DayZ disabled, my internet crashes upon entering the multiplayer server room.

If I filter to an unpopular game mode (Sector Control) my internet can recuperate, but as soon as i remove any filters that then allow DayZ servers to appear (which ALL have a giant red X under "host") then I my internet crashes.

I have this problem too, it's like loading up all the servers in Six Launcher eats my internet, but after the server list finishes loading, everything is fine again. Any solutions?

Same problem...

Internet is completely fine the past couple weeks, then I install this game and the DayZ mod, and seems like as soon as I boot it up it keeps disconnecting.

So it's not just me? Good to know. It seems unplugging and plugging in your router/modem seems to fix the problem. But you have to do it every time the problem occurs. Kinda annoying.

So it's not just me? Good to know. It seems unplugging and plugging in your router/modem seems to fix the problem. But you have to do it every time the problem occurs. Kinda annoying.

e.

Yes, I have pretty much confirmed that it happens only when I am on the game server list, or right when I launch the game, like the other guy said.

I have the same exact problem, I open the Six Launcher, hit "verfity" and then after a bit it my internet dies out for a good while

Seems like there are a few threads detailing the same type of problem. I am experiencing something very similar to this as well.

Yup same here, also I'm not 100% sure but when I got DayZCommander running, and I try to search for servers in-game. It slows down my arma2 like crazy.

I'm also having this problem. But i found the the reason behind it and also a way to get over it.

The problem is that after loading servers, it tries to get ping info of all of them. When router can't handle that many requests, internet crashes.

The solution is Six Launcher. You have to uncheck "Determine server pings (Breaks internet for some users)". Then you have to choose servers by countries closest to your location or known servers.

Maybe this solution can also be applied to ingame server list by changing certain config files. I hope they will fix this issue soon.

I set dayz commander to close after launch though and it still brings everything down while it connects to a server and I still get spikes on other computers while playing the game.

Make sure your router (if connected to one) isn't blocking the required ArmA II ports. That may be what the problem is.

I opened up ports 2302-2307, same result. Anyone else have anything that fixes this issue?

Same Problem here !

Maybe importand, if some think its a provider problem : I am from Austria, Vienna.

But the curios thing is, i can play ! I wait 4-10 Minutes for the intenret connection and dont close the game.

The when the internet working again, the game loading the rest and starts.

I have really many games, but this is the forst time that i have this Problem.

But i remember, a friend had the same problem with a Call of duty game, i think it was Black Ops.

I play This now for a long time, maybe 3 Month, but the problem is new. For a few days. Since the last Updates.

I udate with SixUpdater and i bought it at steam.

Did Someone knows how to resolve?

Edited by XxBarakaxX

Having the same issue, trying to run ace and acre and my usual servers keep kicking me for ping, but when I join I have like 90 ping.

Same with Standalone. The other computer in my house works perfectly on this game. But when the problematic computer is used, the internet just cuts off randomly. Can be as soon as I join a server or like 20 minutes in. (Mostly as I join the server though).

Everytime I try to load server list with Dayz commander my internet's crashing. I can speak on TS but web pages, server list etc don't load.

I don't have this problem with Dayz SA or Arma 3, only Arma 2 and dayz commander.

I can connect to dayz servers only after... reinstalling commander so it's not real solution.