Sign in to follow this  
tay.arnold@gmail.com

Possible to play with two people on the same IP address?

Me and my roommate are trying to play this together, but we cannot play at the same time. When he joins a server I'm on he gets kicked, and when he joins a different server it stays on the loading screen. When he spawns and I'm not in game he spawns AS me. So I'm guessing it's IP locked? :\

It is not an I.P. issue it is the fact 2 CD keys of the same ID are trying to play. Tell your friend to buy his own copy.

It is not an I.P. issue it is the fact 2 CD keys of the same ID are trying to play. Tell your friend to buy his own copy.

We're both playing with legit CD keys.

I got the same issue with my brother, we both bought the game (both got a own key)

But on multiple servers one of us gets a connection time-out or can't even join ("Ok" button grey'd out)

The problem is that you 2 are connecting through the same IP AND port, so one of you must change the port you are using.

I don't know which way of running the game you guys use, as I installed the beta manually I have to edit the .bat, but probably you are using SixLauncher, try to find something called "Startup parameters" or "Launch options" and add this: -port=25007.

As I said, only ONE computer have to do this, if you change both to 25007 you will have the same problem. If you add a third computer, change the port to 25009 or something else.

You can take a look at this thread too:

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=25629

Thanks Curial, yer solution worked for me.

Added the Startup Parameters in Steam for Arma 2: OA.

Playing under the same IP works like a charm now.

Where do I find these launch options at? I'm using the game through six launcher. Do I have to do it another way? Please help. :(

Syranic: Use "options" on the bottom left, should say: "launch parameters" or something like that.