Sign in to follow this  
DarkFireTorch

Curiosity, a dangerous thing in the apocalypse.

I was doing my daily snipe run in Stary Sobor, the hill right across the military tents. I've snagged so many kills and got alot of shit for my tent. I was waiting for one more kill when all of the sudden some fucked up zombie gets aggroed and starts running to me. I shoot him with my PDW when all of the sudden I see a nooblet with a Winchester and makarov start looking for the source of the gunshots. He starts coming up the hill, and I change to Full on my PDW and lay waste to him.

One word, don't let curiosity get the better of you.

Xdbv6.gif

Whenever I hear gun fire I run the other way. Or if I feel I have the advantage, then I take out my handy dandy binoculaurs, do a quick peak around, then prone and wait for a bit, if no one shows up, I crawl the other way until I feel safe and then I gtfo.

I had a noob moment the first time I got to Stary Sobor:

As I was looting the tents, all happy and shit that all the stories about being sniped there hadn't happened to me, I sat there with a pile of loot ready to go. Suddenly however, I spot a certain white car sitting in front of one of the larger tents. Being oblivious I get all excited about finding a working car. So I cautiously crouch over to it and attempt to get in. As soon as I figure out you can't get in the bastard, I get capped by a lone scavenger with an AKM.

Fuck my curiosity.

Edited by Vanglory

I had a noob moment the first time I got to Stary Sobor:

As I was looting the tents, all happy and shit that all the stories about being sniped there hadn't happened to me, I sat there with a pile of loot ready to go. Suddenly however, I spot a certain white car sitting in front of one of the larger tents. Being oblivious I get all excited about finding a working car. So I cautiously crouch over to it and attempt to get in. As soon as I figure out you can't get in the bastard, I get capped by a lone scavenger with an AKM.

Fuck.

Ha ha, Stary Sobor is like the Cherno up north.

Always the worst when you walk into a church and suddenly 6 players with shot guns looking at you. Never noped so hard in my life.

Always the worst when you walk into a church and suddenly 6 players with shot guns looking at you. Never noped so hard in my life.

Had a similar experience, except it was 2 guys with ghillie suits and high-powered rifles. I simply shut the door and walked away.

Meh....Depends where i hear the shots, and the type of shots fired. Today in the NW airfield me and my friend met up after hearing guns'a blasting. Rather peeved that our loot would have been secured by the time we reach the tower, we snuck up north... Assuming the guys we were tracking were heading from the tower to the barracks and then to the north hangars...

Exercising caution we continued to travel north, being careful not to draw attention to ourselves. Unable to catch sight of them we entered the forrest. My friend saw a survivor and immediately opened up on him... I flanked off to the right, behind the wall and ran up the edge...

Re-entering the forrest I saw a guy with a L86, aiming at my mate... I opened up before he had a chance. Good result. Nice loot.

So... exercise caution, and reap the rewards.

Ive died twice due to curiosity or just not getting the hell out of there when i shouldve.

- Was in a Barn and was overjoyed in finding a Rifle with a buttload of ammunition for it only to hear shots nearby, looked out the door and saw a body and paniced

Ran up to the top of the stairs and watched the doors, turned and came face to face with either a zombie or a guy in a red jacket that immediatly vanished... scared the shit out of me.... and being the idiot i am i didnt immediatly bolt as i shouldve, went outside trying to see if i could see anyone only to hear BAM BAM BAM BAM *dead* from god knows were...

- This time i had a rifle with a few clips and heard a lot of shooting in town, watched a guy run across the field into a Factory, decided to follow him and try and kill him, stupidly when i entered the factory and didnt immediatly see him i went to check out some loot on the ground only to instantly get shot...

Damn i suck at this mod XD

Ive died twice due to curiosity or just not getting the hell out of there when i shouldve.

- Was in a Barn and was overjoyed in finding a Rifle with a buttload of ammunition for it only to hear shots nearby, looked out the door and saw a body and paniced

Ran up to the top of the stairs and watched the doors, turned and came face to face with either a zombie or a guy in a red jacket that immediatly vanished... scared the shit out of me.... and being the idiot i am i didnt immediatly bolt as i shouldve, went outside trying to see if i could see anyone only to hear BAM BAM BAM BAM *dead* from god knows were...

- This time i had a rifle with a few clips and heard a lot of shooting in town, watched a guy run across the field into a Factory, decided to follow him and try and kill him, stupidly when i entered the factory and didnt immediatly see him i went to check out some loot on the ground only to instantly get shot...

Damn i suck at this mod XD

The trick is to ALWAYS be defensive and surprise the enemy whenever you can. It's much more easier to secure that kill if you are the ambusher rather than the ambushee.

Secondly, always check your surroundings before picking up any loot. ;)

The trick is to ALWAYS be defensive and surprise the enemy whenever you can. It's much more easier to secure that kill if you are the ambusher rather than the ambushee.

Secondly, always check your surroundings before picking up any loot. ;)

Hehe yeh, though generaly if their is another player around hes got the drop on me before i ever see him. That second time was the only time I had the drop on him, and i end up ballsing it up by checking some loot quickly despite knowing he was around.

I did check, i geuss he either came down from the tower (it was one of those factory buildings with the big tower) or hadnt even got inside yet and hit me as he came in.

If i had been competent id have won, he was running through Elektro shooting every zombie in his path.

Edited by SLN445