Sign in to follow this  
oled123@hotmail.co.uk

Saving Items In Tents

I'm sure I'm not the first one to have the idea of stashing all of their gear into a camping tent and then going to raid Stary/NW Airfield care free, but I want to know if anyone has been successful doing this and if it would just be a waste of time.

Just be careful of it. Lately I've been having a mess of problems with my items disappearing in my tents after I log out. Tents are pretty buggy. As a general rule, if I plan to log out, I only keep items in my tent that I won't mind losing.

In my experience, tents disappear after you first place them when the server restarts. Then they've come back after another server restart. Sometimes with then inventory in tact, sometimes not. But after that first "tent vanish" they stay along with everything else I've put in them.

In my experience, tents disappear after you first place them when the server restarts. Then they've come back after another server restart. Sometimes with then inventory in tact, sometimes not. But after that first "tent vanish" they stay along with everything else I've put in them.

For clarification...

So you should let the tent sit empty until it has been up through a server restart, then the gear should be (relatively) safe from being disappearing?

Sounds too much of a trouble for an alpha mod. Maybe get more serious when bugs gets fixed. If you are not solo though it would worth it I suppose since you won't lose that much time trying stuff like that.