xXWiFiXx

DayZ Debug Monitor Is Green Instead of yellow like my Friends

Please help when I use DayZ Beta short cut it brings up Arma 2 Main menu other then my friends, I can go into a server just fine but my Debug monitor is green and so is my gear. It also dosn't tell me where I spawn. It won't let me bandage only if I move the gear menu.

What Beta version are you currently running?

It tells you in the bottom right hand corner of your screen while on the main menu.

same here, having also totally different loading screens. using patch 1.7.2.3. and beta patch 95208. happened after i installed arma 2 and uninstalled arma 2 free...

Edit: Also getting error messages when i join the game (bought on steam, started via desktop shortcut):

1) No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background.type'

2) Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2pmc_ca.paa not found

Edited by Punishr23

Was just about to make a topic about this too. Latest beta patch and arma patch. 1.7.2.3, the loading screens are like regular arma and not OA and everything is like the old green style.

Alright i fixed it.

I uninstalled arma 2 and arma 2 OA via steam. then i deleted all the folders left on my harddrive (the @DayZ is located in your OA folder). Also dont forget to uninstall 6 updater (on the last question it asked me, i choose no since i was sure to download it again). And then i followed this guide to reinstall the 2 games:

http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31605396 (scroll up to the first post)

afterwards i still couldnt run arma 2 OA (bad key error or something), but at least arma 2. so i first downloaded the beta patch for it (95208 for me that was) and then reinstalled 6 updater. I updated six updater and the launcher and then i opened up arma OA again, but it still wouldnt work. So i made a steam shortcut of arma 2: OA and went to properties of the game in the steam library to type in this code into the set launch options field:

-mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash

(source: http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2717901 4th posting)

in the end i still couldnt start arma 2: OA via steam, BUT i can join now via six launcher. I have the old layout/HUD back. Gearmenu/inventory works fine again and the old loading screens are back.

I hope this works for those of you having the same problems i had. Im not much of a computer geek, so it was try and error. i recommend opening the armory (singleplayer) on arma 2 and load chernarus at least once.

Edited by Punishr23