Sign in to follow this  
51-50

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 2)

I have noticed there are quite a few threads about this so i figured id make one with the error in the thread title to try to consolidate a little here.

Cannot connect to some servers it will say joining then boots back to lobby and says failed to connect.

I get this code in the error log.

This is a server ive played many times and have my tent and car in. I was playing in this server about 12 hours ago and it was working just fine...

Anyone found a fix for this??? Ive never had this happen..

I have noticed there are quite a few threads about this so i figured id make one with the error in the thread title to try to consolidate a little here.

Cannot connect to some servers it will say joining then boots back to lobby and says failed to connect.

I get this code in the error log.

This is a server ive played many times and have my tent and car in. I was playing in this server about 12 hours ago and it was working just fine...

Anyone found a fix for this??? Ive never had this happen..

Its tough to say since the issue you describe seems to be random. I find it hard to believe that its an issue on the servers side, as the whole network should be running in DMZ.

I would recommend that you check your router settings and make sure that the ports for the game are open, or that upnp is enabled.

If it still gives you the error with upnp enabled, try and manually forward the ports required by ArmA, to rule out that it is an issue with your router. If it still gives the error, it must be a problem with the specific server you are attempting to connect to.

Its tough to say since the issue you describe seems to be random. I find it hard to believe that its an issue on the servers side, as the whole network should be running in DMZ.

I would recommend that you check your router settings and make sure that the ports for the game are open, or that upnp is enabled.

If it still gives you the error with upnp enabled, try and manually forward the ports required by ArmA, to rule out that it is an issue with your router. If it still gives the error, it must be a problem with the specific server you are attempting to connect to.

I have already manually forwarded the ports for arma and i double checked it to be sure that they are still configured.. its just on certain servers.. one of which has all my loot in it lol

I have already manually forwarded the ports for arma and i double checked it to be sure that they are still configured.. its just on certain servers.. one of which has all my loot in it lol

Hmm.. While its very unprofessional to have these issues as a host and network provider, i am bound to believe the nat issue is happening in the datacenter the server is hosted on. Are other people on the server? Nat can be country specific, so thats still not a very accurate way of telling, but it can give you an idea.

Hmm.. While its very unprofessional to have these issues as a host and network provider, i am bound to believe the nat issue is happening in the datacenter the server is hosted on. Are other people on the server? Nat can be country specific, so thats still not a very accurate way of telling, but it can give you an idea.

There are others on the server ...its annoying cause ive played on that server alot then all the sudden it doesnt let me now

There are others on the server ...its annoying cause ive played on that server alot then all the sudden it doesnt let me now

I would recommend you google NAT test and take one just to make sure, if it proves positive, call your isp and ask them if there has been any NAT issues reported lately. If it all turns out in your favor, i am sorry to say, the issue must be on the server host and not you.

will u try connecting to us355 and see if it works? i would appreciate it

Edited by 51-50

my shit is good....

Its up to you whether you want to do what needs to be done to fix it, im just trying to help. In 99% of the cases, NAT issues are on the user and not the host. Just about all servers run in in vms or vps so they can allow several people to rent from the same box, the complete box runs in dmz which opens all ports needed unless specifically told not to.

EDIT: I cant find a US355 server in the list

Edited by Suspenselol

Its up to you whether you want to do what needs to be done to fix it, im just trying to help. In 99% of the cases, NAT issues are on the user and not the host. Just about all servers run in in vms or vps so they can allow several people to rent from the same box, the complete box runs in dmz which opens all ports needed unless specifically told not to.

EDIT: I cant find a US355 server in the list

that is strange you cant find it. did you put a space between us and 355 cause there isnt one..

I know how to configure my router i have a degree in networking and i do this for a living. Im not the average can not connect to server person on this forum.

ive been through a bunch of different scenarios and i cant figure it out.

i even placed my computer in a DMZ and its still a no go ...