Sign in to follow this  
andris.orinskis@gmail.com

More items to carry in secondary equipment slots.

It feels like too many items use a full primary equipment slot.

Like painkiller, morphine/epi auto-injectors, antibiotics. Basically all the medicine items. And some of them should be re-usable as-well - usually box of painkillers contains at-least 6 doses. Really small box.

And some items like of matches: imagine you have one box in tool-belt, but if you want to take one more for your buddy, it will use same slot in a backpack as a full magazine for AK-47? Same thing with compass, watches, etc.

And two half-used magazines/clips of ammo. Why can't I combine them into one full clip, to take less space in an inventory? Simple "combine ammo" button, that rearranges available ammo into full magazines/clips.

And when you make a camp-fire, why do you have to take wood into your inventory? It should be just a rightclick on a hatchet to bring "create a fireplace" and "collect wood" options (in case you really want to take some wood with you). And if you pick "create a fireplace" it creates a fireplace near you. I know this one is not so critical, but it just makes no real sense, and you have to take care not to lose some ammo while you make a fireplace.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

The secondary slot could get a bit overloaded. Also, may want to make a few of these different suggestions

I think a lot of this are limitations of Arma 2, not necessarily the mod. The developers of the mod are working within what is capable of the engine. Just a reminder that this is still alpha, I know people don't want to hear that because their is so many people, but it's true. Give it time, and keep suggestions like this coming. I agree that little things like this can have a big impact on gameplay, but I trust they are working on frying the bigger fish at the moment with the resources they have.

like the ideas alot....like the ammo one i find i have alot of mags with 1 or 2 rounds left and id be nice to combine them...good idea :)

It feels like too many items use a full primary equipment slot.

Like painkiller, morphine/epi auto-injectors, antibiotics. Basically all the medicine items. And some of them should be re-usable as-well - usually box of painkillers contains at-least 6 doses. Really small box.

And some items like of matches: imagine you have one box in tool-belt, but if you want to take one more for your buddy, it will use same slot in a backpack as a full magazine for AK-47? Same thing with compass, watches, etc.

I guess you are saying "Have some more items have more uses" But I believe the engine of the game has it to where an item like painkillers are one entity. where as ammo is durability (hints the green line) that is my assumption

but I do agree, some items should be able to stack a bit more, like pain killers. not so much as beans or cokes though.

And two half-used magazines/clips of ammo. Why can't I combine them into one full clip, to take less space in an inventory? Simple "combine ammo" button, that rearranges available ammo into full magazines/clips.

I like this idea honestly.

And when you make a camp-fire, why do you have to take wood into your inventory? It should be just a rightclick on a hatchet to bring "create a fireplace" and "collect wood" options (in case you really want to take some wood with you). And if you pick "create a fireplace" it creates a fireplace near you. I know this one is not so critical, but it just makes no real sense, and you have to take care not to lose some ammo while you make a fireplace.

What if you are not in a forrest? Then you would still be able to make a fireplace?

The way making a fire works, is that you need wood, which you can find.

Step 1: Find wood, or use a hatchet in a forrect to obtain some.

Step 2: Use wood to make fireplace

Step 3: use matches to make fire.

It makes sense realisticly. and the reward is juicy steak that gives 800 delishious blood. the multi-step process is worth it in my opinion.

I would agree that there are more critical issues, but since DayZ will go live either standalone or with ArmA3, I believe many of current big code issues will be irrelevant to new engine, and few new even bigger issues will arise.

Therefore the only thing that really should be tweaked at this stage - gameplay.

imo