ZeusGoose

Help with multiple players in the same house

Hey everyone. I just recently started playing Day Z last week and loved it. I told my brother about it and we both agreed that it would be awesome to play together. So, he bought a copy of the game and we go to play, but every time we join a server together, the last one to join gets kicked.

We can play on separate servers at that same time, but not on the same one at the same time. I'm pretty sure it is Battleye or something that is messing it up since we are in the same house, but I was wondering how I would fix this.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Isn't arma supposed to be using a GUID system?

(you both have the exact same IP address btw.)

Something is wrong.

I really have no idea how this stuff works, so I'm just tossing out random suggestions that might logically make sense. My brother's been looking into the game, too, so I'm interested in seeing what's up here.

Maybe because one of you joining fills up the server and the other one is kicked out since the server is now full and since you both have the same IP, it doesn't reserve the slot or overload or something? Maybe try joining a half full server (Hard to find, I know) and seeing if it still gives the same problem? Or maybe one of you joins and then waits for a few moments before the other tries to join?

set up static ip's for each computer?

no idea if this works just throwing it out there

I bought my friend ArmA2 and helped him install DayZ, be both can play the same servers on the same Internet connection.

Its on your end, not Battleye

Me and my twin brother also play from the same IP-address and same server without any problems. Are you guys playing on the same game-code?

I checked our IP addresses and they were the same. I'm not sure why and I'm not sure how to fix this.

Try redownloading mod files, if you're playing through steam, make sure both of you login to the correct accounts and are not playing on the same. Turn your anti-virus software off, check your router settings. You might try setting local static IP adress on both of PC's. Search for a router specific guide or use one of global methods (http://goo.gl/8PQOx) If one of you is using WiFi connection to play, try using cable instead. Check if gets any better and let us know if anything changed. Cheers.

We both just downloaded the files. They aren't the problem because we can both play as long as it isn't on the same server. I have spent the last hour and a half trying to figure this out and I cannot figure out how to. I found a thread on the BattlEye forums about people having the same problem, so it is a thing apparently. We are going crazy over here.

I've tried to change our IP addresses several times, but nothing seems to work. It's the external IP address that is the problem and I cannot find a way to change that one.

Zeus, when you log into the the servers are you playing the char the last guy was just in or a new guy and the other gets boot?

If it is the same guy it is an days authentication with the central server issue (IMO) if you re different players it is BE blocking you all.

External IP is assigned by your ISP. You cannot change it yourself. Only thing you or your brother can do is to use a proxy server, but finding a low ping and free one is nearly impossible. You can try to use one of your friends internet connection or set their pc as a proxy server, but it makes things more complicated. Ask your ISP for a solution or keep looking for another way.

We realized that we were actually the same person. That is probably the most annoying thing I could think of happening. How could I possibly fix this?

We realized that we were actually the same person.

Create another person then if you have the capability to be two people at once.

We realized that we were actually the same person. That is probably the most annoying thing I could think of happening. How could I possibly fix this?

It sounds like you are both using the same GUID. Did you install the game in both computers with same CDKEY?

If you have 2 copies of the game and you've accidentally installed the game on both computers with the same CDKEY, just uninstall one of them and use the other CDKEY to install that one.

It sounds like you are both using the same GUID. Did you install the game in both computers with same CDKEY?

If you have 2 copies of the game and you've accidentally installed the game on both computers with the same CDKEY' date=' just uninstall one of them and use the other CDKEY to install that one.

[/quote']

This is most likely what is happening. Trying to avoid buying that second copy.

We play two machines here... One of the machines actually has two steam accounts on it, so technically, we have three GUIDs in the house.

The only time that I end up playing the same character with different names is if I use the same steam, same cd key.

L