Sign in to follow this  
Hase1

Serious problem: zombies spawn too often when in combat

Me and four of my mates constantly try to play DayZ. We usually try to move inland and move through city and city. But with the latest patch (1.5.7) the zombiehostility was increased and the zombies now spawn in hordes when attacked. This is problematic because we have no chance of defending ourselves against so many zombies.

For example we were in a little village north of Chernogorsk. There we saw ~20 zombies and thought "hey, lets kill them and then loot the village". So we started opening fire at the zombies and kited them to a field to not attract more zombies from the village. However, as we killed zombies the same amount we killed just spawned. After we had killed ~120 zombies on this field in nowhere we had no ammunition (we even looted the zombies that we had killed while running) and the zombies just keeped on spawning and then we died. This would've been great fun if there'd been these 20 zombies and perhaps ~20 more spawns but now it was just fucked up.

I know this game is supposed to kick you in the face but this was seriously just ridiculous. We had no chance. And even if we moved away from the field zombies kept on spawning. It's so ridiciolous because it doesnt make any sense. Why'd there be 120 zombies in a village of 4 houses in middle of nowhere on a grain field? :(

Why not make the bigger cities full of more zombies and great loot? Why'd you have to put so many zombies in just a few houses? :-/

I really hope Rocket reads this! =)

I cant believe there are not more replies to this topic. This is also my biggest gripe with the mod so far, over all the other bugs.

Our clan of guys managed to get 9 of us together to raid a medium sized village. Two of us survived after the 4th wave of zombies!

The two us us combined had 160 zombies killed, 160! That's without the totals from the 7 others! From a medium village!

Shear numbers of zombies is not my complaint, but rather after clearing out an area, players should have enough time to loot and investigate a village before the whole place respawns.

I cant believe there are not more replies to this topic. This is also my biggest gripe with the mod so far' date=' over all the other bugs.

Our clan of guys managed to get 9 of us together to raid a medium sized village. Two of us survived after the 4th wave of zombies!

The two us us combined had 160 zombies killed, 160! That's without the totals from the 7 others! From a medium village!

Shear numbers of zombies is not my complaint, but rather after clearing out an area, players should have enough time to loot and investigate a village before the whole place respawns.

[/quote']

Yea, all of my mates have the same complaint. All of the other problems are minor.. this is just a serious ballbuster that makes you leave the game.

This problem only happend in the 1.5.7 patch, when spawn rates and numbers were drastically increased. I love the increased zombie count but the spawn rates are WAY too fast, there should be at least a 4-5 minute gap between spawns. My clanmates and I were at the NW airfield, I was mowing down zeds with my Mk48 Mod0, and my mates all had AKM's and M4A1's, we killed entire hordes in seconds, but before we could actually move into the cleared areas, they would spawn literally on top of us. It seems like the "no players are nearby" check for zombie spawning was taken out as well.

Hopefully spawning will be fixed next patch while the increased zombie count (and difficulty) remains intact.

I agree to all that has been said but tbh I think the timer should be more like 30-60 minutes rather than 5. Same could go for loot in the village.

I agree to all that has been said but tbh I think the timer should be more like 30-60 minutes rather than 5. Same could go for loot in the village.

I totally agree. Exterminating zombies should have an impact.

maybe time could depend on size 5-10mins small village 10-20 for a large and so on, or make each large city a number of cells and a cell has a fixed timer (of 10-15mins) so that you can clear an area and as you move they spawn behind you?

Perhaps zombies would not spawn within say 100 meters of survivors?

Personally don't have this issue while shooting zeds with my trusty Makarov or M1911.

I never use my primary weapon for zeds since the bullets are way to valuable and the guns way to loud.

Might just be me, but this kind of reads like "oh no, I get aggro from killing zeds with my loud machinegun!"

Do agree that spawning is quite fast though.