Sign in to follow this  
basti87

Samsung Series 7 unplayable (i5 @2,4; Radeon 6750m 1GB)

Hi,

so I've used the search already, but couldn't find anything regarding my specs. The game is unplayable for me, whatever settings i choose...

My specs are:

i5 2430m @2,4Ghz

Radeon HD 6750m 1GB Ram

6GB Ram

Windows 7 x64

I'm using the latest beta patch and I have the Steam version of the game.

I've tried a lot of tweaks already but none of them seemed to work for me. Is my laptop too slow in general or do I just have to get the settings right? If so, can anyone tell me, what settings to use exactly?

Hope I didn't miss any information needed and would be really glad if somebody could help me get this to work! :)

Regards,

Basti

Edited by basti87

That laptop should be able to play the game as my girlfriend plays on a computer with similar specs.

dmzcwl.png

I've Highlighted a few important things.

1. On the I5 processors and possibly others it's important to keep your 3d resolution and and normal resolution the same. I recommend using the same resolution that windows is running on.

2. Keep video memory at default. This setting is the best as setting it to "very high" means it will only use up to 512mb and your graphic card is 1gb.

3. Disable post process it makes a weird blur on my computer.

4. Turn textures and object details to low. The detail in objects aren't important. What is important is not lagging when you need to put your scope on a zombies head.

5. I set visibility to 2000 because that should be enough for most people however you can try setting it up to about 5000 and see how well it works.

Edited by Zombie Camper

Thanks for your help, unfortunately it didn't help. I did however find a solution! Turns out my bottleneck was my HDD, so I set up a RamDisk and put the DayZ folder on it. Now i can play perfectly on "normal" settings and even on "high" to "very high" with just a little stuttering! Looks like there is a god! :D

Oh yeah, btw., this only works when I start ArmA and then start Dayz ingame, starting Dayz directly will still give bad performance...!

Regards,

Basti

Edited by basti87