Sign in to follow this  
ravenger

difficulty poll

increasing difficulty of overall game  

57 members have voted

1. 1. should the overall difficulty of the game be increased?

difficulty poll

Edited by Ravenger97

Kinda depends from person to person. Over all most group players will find the game pretty easy while solo players will find this game damn hard.

Kinda depends from person to person. Over all most group players will find the game pretty easy while solo players will find this game damn hard.

I solo all the time and this game is damn easy lol.

• Like 1

should generally be harder, but also more balanced.

F.e. broken bones & getting knocked out can be a 1-hit kill, which is just annoying imo.

Zombies seem to be near deaf, but can see you from a mile away.

Healing is too hard without bloodpacks or meat, and too easy once you got them.

Vehicles are way too hard to get.

And so on..

Edited by SamSpam

I've been soloing for only a day on a character, and I've got everything I need to survive forever in the wilderness, and basically am never in any danger.

A couple days earlier, I spawned in Cherno and started sprinting through the streets once I got an axe. It took me 30 minutes, 107 zombie kills, and 3 player kills, before I died.... from phasing through a staircase and breaking my bones. Lovely.

This game is stupidly easy at the moment, except for the moments when the engine decides to eat my legs.

Its not a survival game its a deathmatch with zombies and a food and water value. Food is way to easy to get, guns are way to easy to find, so i think it should be a living hell personally. Its a zombie apocalypse is it not?

I missed this in my first post, but yea...definitely make it a living hell. Way too easy.

The massively hard difficulty would get really old fast. Not everyone is a super hardcore elitist pc gamer ;)

yeah well for me this game is getting to boring because its so easy. Ive done everything from sniping people on the hills, to trying to make shelters. There is no radios to broadcast the safe zone and no global so now i dont. Sniping was more or less payback to everyone down in the city that killed me and killing all the snipers on the hills. There is nothing to do. I can survive for a few days just walking into the supermarket firestation and church then leaving. Its so easy. The massively easy difficulty gets old very fast too.

The massively hard difficulty would get really old fast. Not everyone is a super hardcore elitist pc gamer ;)

The game already gets old really fast. I can survive. That's it. It's too easy.

I find it way easier when i play by myself rather than with friends

I agree, the difficulty of the mod should be increased. But I think that the difficulty should be governed by what difficulty the server is on. Since I know that there is a portion of the community that still enjoys the mod's current difficulty. Now if for some reason that can't happen, then the mod in entirety should have an increase in difficulty.

I agree, the difficulty of the mod should be increased. But I think that the difficulty should be governed by what difficulty the server is on. Since I know that there is a portion of the community that still enjoys the mod's current difficulty. Now if for some reason that can't happen, then the mod in entirety should have an increase in difficulty.

The problem there is that they would need two separate HIVE's in order to maintain balance, and that would splinter the playerbase more than it needs to be. If people can't handle a reasonable difficulty in an APOCALYPSE simulator, maybe this isn't the mod/game for them.

The problem there is that they would need two separate HIVE's in order to maintain balance, and that would splinter the playerbase more than it needs to be. If people can't handle a reasonable difficulty in an APOCALYPSE simulator, maybe this isn't the mod/game for them.

Well, now that you have just explained how having the server difficulty setting govern the mod difficulty would not work, I can now go back to my original ideal and just agree with the majority of people who have replied to this thread.

I say by quite a lot but only if the zombies are not broken as they are now

>Sitting around a campfire near berezino next to a crashed helicopter, eating beans with friends.

>Suddenly, we're kicked from game and after an hour, we rejoin.

>Admin sends out message saying the game's difficulty has been set to "Spartan"

>About to say that famous line from 300

>Character farts due to beans and the new enhanced realism

>Fart echoes around berezino due to the fabled godlyness of Heinz brand Beans

>Look over to berezino to see a horde of 300 zombies, all glitchily running/hopping/crawling/hauling ass toward us

>jump in helicopter turret and begin to open fire

>Get brutally mauled due server lag/glitchey zombies/lack of ammo and players

I want it to be a brutally evil game, almost like IWBTG but without the cheap deaths. The difficulty will make it nearly impossible for solo play, only by pure badasses. But this all can't happen until the game is optimized big time, and the zombies are done being broken.

Edited by CarloNord