ShadowGamer (DayZ)

The pc i am building is it Good for arma

Cpu: Amd FX-6100 3.3Ghz 6 core Processor

MotherBoard: Asrock 970 ExTreme4 atz amd3+ motherBoard

Memory Corsair: xms3 8Gb (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory

Hard Drive: segate barracuda 1tb 3.5" 7200RPM

Video Card: EVGA geForce GTX 460 1GB GDDR5

i am On a Buget i am talking $650

and i am Not Looking to go on max Just like high i mean. i think That I Can Play and right now anything is better then What i have right now witch i am run arma on

800 x 600 rez and my 3d rez is set to 50% and Every thing is low and i an running at 20-30 fps it sucks and i am wasting All my money on this pc and i need to know if its good or ok cus its only 628 and if Its Shit TELL me say umm thats Shit cus i Have Tell the 31 to order it and i Have not yet

In my opinion it should run fine with that rig. I heard the graphics card is causing some issues with some users, but should be no problem. Should also be powerful enough to crunch out a comfortably better resolution for you :)

you dont need 8gb ram for gaming, get lets say 6gb but 1666mhz instead, also i wouldnt recomment amd cpu, if possible with your budget get a core i5 2400 or 2500k, it performs about 20% better in games than the fx6100

also, build your own pc, its much cheaper and the result is the same, although i dont know whether you do this or not

• Like 1

i am not Getting a pc For one game for my gaming life its a dayz Forums i am not going to talk about diff games and Right Now i Got a laptop Really cant do much with that

a new pc for 1 game? its a bit of a waste isnt it?

check your current on this site and then see whats lacking and upgrade that, it may be you're right and its more plausible to buy another, but it might be cheaper just to upgrade

http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx

and Buddy that sight just No THat sight Sucks

dont buy a bulldozer AMD CPU. it's shit at anything but number crunching. Get an Intel CPU. I5 2500k would be your best bet!

Also, where is your Power Supply? You will need one to power your rig, and you shouldn't pick a cheap one. If you pick a cheap one it could fry your entire rig in a thunderstorm. If you get a Corsair PSU you will be fine. one of their CX units would be enough.

And then you're all set :).

you dont need 8gb ram for gaming, get lets say 6gb but 1666mhz instead, also i wouldnt recomment amd cpu, if possible with your budget get a core i5 2400 or 2500k, it performs about 20% better in games than the fx6100

also, build your own pc, its much cheaper and the result is the same, although i dont know whether you do this or not

omg I aM building it and a i5 Will kill the price. better To have the amd

Please buy Intel, i've said this on so many topics but you get so much more for your money in terms of gaming performance.

the Intel Core i5-2400 is just €10,- more expensive than the AMD CPU. And it will give you a lot more power! Believe me, it's worth spending the extra money.

• Like 1

I would go for a Geforce gtx 580 minimum...

he doesn't want to play on max. I still have an AMD 5850 from 2 years ago, I can still play everything either maxed or on high. a GTX460 should do.

dont buy a bulldozer AMD CPU. it's shit at anything but number crunching. Get an Intel CPU. I5 2500k would be your best bet!

Also, where is your Power Supply? You will need one to power your rig, and you shouldn't pick a cheap one. If you pick a cheap one it could fry your entire rig in a thunderstorm. If you get a Corsair PSU you will be fine. one of their CX units would be enough.

And then you're all set :).

Um... K

Anyways I play Arma II/Dayz with the Fx-6100 and its runs amazingly. I have it paired with a XFX Radeon HD 6870 w/ 2 gbs of Vram on an M5A99X Evo Mobo with 8gbs of Corsair Vengeance ram.

• Like 1

(damn i'm flooding this thread. But oh well, i'm spreading the knowledge :P)

Well, the AMD FX-series is a new platform. So it's horribly un-optimized. They may be enough for what you do, but you can get a lot more crunching power for the same price.

Some reviewers put an AMD FX-8200 series against an i5 2500k and the i5 won every test, except the professional/rendering branch. The AMD FX-series is good for when you're running a server, but not much else, yet. it needs a few years of optimizations.

The build looks decent however I would change a couple things.

I'd get a different graphics card if you can shell out a few extra for it grab a xfx hd 6950 2gb It will allow you to play a much much larger amount of games at better settings. It is more expensive but it is a lot more bang for the buck. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150549

The ram, looks alright but you might want to try for a 1600mhz (wont make much of a difference in gaming though)

I'd also recommend you check out some budget gaming builds and try to tweak those a little bit to get the price and results you want

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-radeon-hd-7970-core-i5,3210.html

They have a bunch of different builds at different price points check them out. Might be worth it to save a little longer and get a computer one tier higher.

The Intel i5 mentioned would be better. However, the AMD system listed will play Arma and other games very well.

Here you go: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9p60 ~$530 budget build

I built that about a month ago and it runs Arma and BF3 gorgeously. Ended up costing me only about $450 because I had the harddrive from another computer and I found some deals on the parts at the time.

Edited by PapaFoxytrot

Check this out for some blueprints to work from - http://techreport.com/articles.x/23204/1

The 460 is a good cheap card and spending more for diminishing returns makes little sense especially if you have to sacrifice on the CPU front to do so. As others have said I would go the Intel route however.

Cpu: Amd FX-6100 3.3Ghz 6 core Processor

MotherBoard: Asrock 970 ExTreme4 atz amd3+ motherBoard

Memory Corsair: xms3 8Gb (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory

Hard Drive: segate barracuda 1tb 3.5" 7200RPM

Video Card: EVGA geForce GTX 460 1GB GDDR5

i am On a Buget i am talking $650

and i am Not Looking to go on max Just like high i mean. i think That I Can Play and right now anything is better then What i have right now witch i am run arma on

800 x 600 rez and my 3d rez is set to 50% and Every thing is low and i an running at 20-30 fps it sucks and i am wasting All my money on this pc and i need to know if its good or ok cus its only 628 and if Its Shit TELL me say umm thats Shit cus i Have Tell the 31 to order it and i Have not yet

quickly scanning the specs, a pretty solid build

BUT

I heard that 1tb hard drives have some speed/stability problems or something. Id say go for a 500 gb then get a better GPU because the card is bait of a bottleneck in your build. Otherwise, great !

Having had experience with both Intel and AMD builds, I would HIGHLY recommend spending a little extra to go with an Intel build. As mentioned earlier, the AMD bulldozer CPUs are crap. If you MUST go AMD, you'd be better off with an AMD Phenom 4-core black edition processor as it is a more reliable and proven CPU. Also, I'd shoot for a better GPU.

Hey op my specs are i5-2500 , 8 gb 1333, gtx 460 1gb overclocked. I run Arma 2 everything on very high 1920 x 1080, apart from post processing turned off cause i don't like it, with the view distance set to 6km and have no problems at all. Same in all current games pretty much. The 460 will do you fine in all games that are out right now as long as you aren't expecting to be able to run 3 screens at 5200 x 2600 and everything on ultra for all games.

I've got an AMD FX 6100, a similar motherboard to the one you mentioned, 8gb ram 1333, and a GTX 465. Nothing is overclocked yet. Also I put Day Z and Arma on a solid state drive where I keep my games. I run everything in the highest possible settings and 10000 draw distance and the frame rates are great. You will be totally satisfyed with the set up you mentioned, although the hard drive may be a bottleneck. I've heard the hard drive is important in this game, and before I put the solid state drive in, I ran RAMDisk and put the DayZ files in it - it made a big difference.

Edited by thejonoboy