Sign in to follow this  
Lowbei

So, is hacking impossible to fix or what?

Just watch some of Rockets most recent interviews. Even he explains it. Can't get too much more official than that I suppose.

You Can Fix it but a hacker will just try to Get passed it. It Will never ever Fix hacking. You Can keep them out For a Bit But Not for Ever

When People Talk like this It Makes me Want to Hit them.

meh, only encountered one hacker on lingor servers, so at least private hives dont have so much of an issue with it, but probably just because it takes them more effort to download the map and hotfixes, just to see names scroll

For the people that are saying that the game of cat and mouse is unavoidable, respectfully, you're burying your head in the sand. I've seen a lot of hacks for a lot of multi-player games, but I've never seen players able to take control of a game like they can with the Arma 2 engine. And before you say it, yes, I remember the platitude that the game was a military simulator, and not meant to be a mass market online game, but you absolutely cannot have a game with perma death, and the ability for a player to go to google and find a hack that can teleport an entire server into the sky, making them fall to their deaths. I've put around 50 hours into this game so far, and in that time I've been killed legitimately only three times. I've died three times to invincible players, once to a player that teleported to each individual player and shot us in the back, and yesterday we were fighting a group in cherno that, after dying and having their items looted, pulled said items out of our inventories, and spawned the whole server into the sky and let us fall. Objectively this game has not only the worst anti-cheat system I've ever seen, but it's also using the least secure engine out there, and the only thing that lets loyalists stick up for the current system is that we haven't had hackers start doing server hops, not to find items, but to wipe entire servers of every single player enjoying the game. And honestly, I hope they start doing that, at the very least to show the devs that they need to secure their game, and to show the blind loyalists how empty the platitudes become when their month old character gets spawned into the sky.