Sign in to follow this  
Sushin

Arma CO and OA no longer works properly. Missing files.

I have the Steam version of Arma 2 and OA on Windows 7.

My problem is that after using the Sixupdater to play DayZ now, which works fine, I can no longer play normally OA or CO when I launch the game through Steam. When I do, everything seems to work ok until I load a mission. When that happens, I get an error message saying something like:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/citizen.scope'."

but it's different depending on the map I load.

Once the map is loaded, the American Army showcase for example, all the vehicles are missing except the ATV and motercycle, and my character has no gun, and there is only one NPC. In other maps, it seems like my character is missing so instead of controlling an avatar, I get an overhead view of the map and that's it.

I have the no steam version, and I can still play arma 2 and OA online (also on W7), but some things seems to be really broken since the last beta patches sixupdater installed. For example the boot camp, the missions just wont work, there's just a camera showing the field from above and the mission never start, on others like the driving mission there's no vehicle, etc. I get no error message. Kinda sucks since i really like Arma 2, more than DayZ.

Just tested the scenarios and campaigns, none work neither.

Edited by sebastian.w

I got problems too. Some guns at the missions and at Boot Camp are missing since I installed Six Updater.

Just got mine working.

How are you guys launching the game when trying to play single player?

I was launching it with the beta patch shortcut, this time i did it with the shortcut created when i installed Arma 2 instead, and it worked.

Just got mine working.

How are you guys launching the game when trying to play single player?

I was launching it with the beta patch shortcut, this time i did it with the shortcut created when i installed Arma 2 instead, and it worked.

Well, I'm launching it right through Steam. Are you sure it's working? Because I can seem to play in the armory just fine, but a lot of units in other missions are gone. I don't have a beta patch.

Well, I'm launching it right through Steam. Are you sure it's working? Because I can seem to play in the armory just fine, but a lot of units in other missions are gone. I don't have a beta patch.

Yes, everything that wasn't working for me seems to work when launching the normal shortcut instead of the beta patch shortcut. If you want to tell me exactly what mission and what part of it doesn't work for you I can check it on mine and let you know.

Yes, everything that wasn't working for me seems to work when launching the normal shortcut instead of the beta patch shortcut. If you want to tell me exactly what mission and what part of it doesn't work for you I can check it on mine and let you know.

For me, most of the showcases don't work at all.

For me, most of the showcases don't work at all.

Just tested "Showcase 1: US Army", and worked fine. But when launching it with the beta patch shortcut (the one i use for DayZ) it doesn't work and does the same as you said, only atv and motorcycle are there.

The shortcut that works for me launches the file "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2/arma2OA.exe".

Search for that file on your pc and launch it directly without shortcut (the beta patch shortcut contains extra commands like -beta=.... and -mod=@dayz

Just tested "Showcase 1: US Army", and worked fine. But when launching it with the beta patch shortcut (the one i use for DayZ) it doesn't work and does the same as you said, only atv and motorcycle are there.

The shortcut that works for me launches the file "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2/arma2OA.exe".

Search for that file on your pc and launch it directly without shortcut (the beta patch shortcut contains extra commands like -beta=.... and -mod=@dayz

I see. In my steam folder, launching the .exe directly seems to make the program work just fine.

I'm having a lot of problems here, steam version too, in the editor, campaign, scenarios

in scenarios and editor i can't play, just appear the vision of the map but not of vechiles or "me" (character)

in campaign the first mission the tank in the scene is not there, then the first mission of OA don't load

the only thing that works fine is the DayZ (Multiplayer)