Sign in to follow this  
ashten18@gmail.com

I'm Fairly New to This Game

Press alt to move your head around.(yes in arma you can move your head independtly from your body) Most important thing ever.

Otherwise, i'd recommend you to discover by yourself dayz, so you get all the "newbie" surprise we all got ! Much better feel than watching videos before hoping in.

Press alt to move your head around.(yes in arma you can move your head independtly from your body) Most important thing ever.

Otherwise' date=' i'd recommend you to discover by yourself dayz, so you get all the "newbie" surprise we all got ! Much better feel than watching videos before hoping in.

[/quote']

Alright, thanks for the information, and the reply.

1, Double press CTRL to lower your rifle (Cant lower pistols). This will make people trust you a bit more :P.

2, Crouch run/walk pretty much everywhere to avoid detection.

3, Don't trust anyone, even the ones you're grouping with. May seem paranoid but baked beans are precious and people get desperate :P.

4, Stay away from fire stations and the airports, unless you want a quick death :P You can go there at maybe 2-4am in the morning when its pitch black though.

5, The sun sets in the west(ish), so you can find a vague north heading by keeping the sun to your leftish in the evening and the rightish in the morning. (I'm terrible at navigation so hopefully someone can confirm this).

6, You can refill your water flask from most water sources including the sea and water pumps in some towns.

7, Zombies will walk slowly when they enter buildings.

8, The crossbow sucks, don't bother with it unless you don't have a rifle yet.

Good luck!

The best thing than you can do with a new game/mod is to read the manual/readme, do tutorials (when available)

and learn in pain :)

Learning by yourself is a source of satisfaction

The sun should be setting roughly in the west, yes.

To add onto the navigation bit-

It's pretty important for anyone playing to learn how to use a map and compass to get grid locations. Whenever I set out somewhere with my group, I plan a safe and concealed route for us to take, making sure each of us with a map understands exactly the locations I'm taking us to and where along the way we will travel.

Edit: Sure it takes a lot longer and some more effort than holding down "w" while facing the direction you want, but it will keep you alive.

Also, if you want to be really fancy you can navigate using the stars or just check out the constellations if you want.

maybe you do the tutorials of the core game first, they are pretty helpful, then must get in touch with the engine, its favors and its down sides, then aou are all set up.

Join a nice team when you are on the server and dont trust just anybody!

1' date=' Double press CTRL to lower your rifle (Cant lower pistols). This will make people trust you a bit more :P.

2, Crouch run/walk pretty much everywhere to avoid detection.

3, Don't trust anyone, even the ones you're grouping with. May seem paranoid but baked beans are precious and people get desperate :P.

4, Stay away from fire stations and the airports, unless you want a quick death :P You can go there at maybe 2-4am in the morning when its pitch black though.

5, The sun sets in the west(ish), so you can find a vague north heading by keeping the sun to your leftish in the evening and the rightish in the morning. (I'm terrible at navigation so hopefully someone can confirm this).

6, You can refill your water flask from most water sources including the sea and water pumps in some towns.

7, Zombies will walk slowly when they enter buildings.

8, The crossbow sucks, don't bother with it unless you don't have a rifle yet.

Good luck!

[/quote']

All food nourishes the same right? Or do certain foods last longer? And as for filling canteens in the sea, I haven't been able to do that.

All food nourishes the same right? Or do certain foods last longer? And as for filling canteens in the sea' date=' I haven't been able to do that.

[/quote']

Canned food gives 300 blood (i think it is) where cooked meat from a slaughtered animal - roasted over the fire - gives you 800 blood back.

Filling canteen can be difficult, I’ve found that you need to go as deep that you almost swim or actually do swim, opens up the option in your action menu. Be wary of swimming though, you can loose equipment.

If you hang out in the Chernogorsk town square on one of the US servers tonight' date=' you'll find lots of loot.

[/quote']

Only if you're standing right on top of a flare of course.

Does hunger/thirst accrue while you are logged off? I logged back on a few minutes ago and both were flashing red for me. I am pretty sure they weren't that dire when I logged off previously.

Thanks,

Bulk Rate

US

They seem to although I read in patch notes that you're supposed consume food/water whilst offline rather than acrue to a critical point.

Also, when filling your canteens from a lake or the ocean. Drop your back pack on the shore, will save you losing it.

Mag.

They seem to although I read in patch notes that you're supposed consume food/water whilst offline rather than acrue to a critical point.

Also' date=' when filling your canteens from a lake or the ocean. Drop your back pack on the shore, will save you losing it.

Mag.

[/quote']

Thanks!

Zombies don't like ladders, stairs, or steep hills. You can usually get far enough a head of them when they are chasing you by using one of these to your advantage. Then you can pick them off at your leisure... or, in the case of hills, once you get something like 200m between you and them they will stop chasing you. Become familiar with the double-tap standing run! You can actually stay ahead of them that way.

Does hunger/thirst accrue while you are logged off? I logged back on a few minutes ago and both were flashing red for me. I am pretty sure they weren't that dire when I logged off previously.

My guess would be that it calculates your time offline when you log into a server, then removing food and water from your inventory matching a resting state of some kind, but I'm not sure.

Here:

UPDATE #428 : 24 APR 2012

Changelog:

* [NEW] Offline Hunger/Thirst removed. You will still consume food/water, but running out will not screw you

Mag.