Sign in to follow this  
Loui

Helicopter help

So, we got a huey fixed up by one of the airfields, it only needed gas. How much gas do you need to take off?

Also, after some time the server crashed, and we lost the chopper before we could even take off. Whats up with this? That much time for nothing.

I thought that was supposed to be fixed? This all happened yesterday.

I think it was 600 litres, and each jerry can has 20 litre....

Anyways, so you need 30 cans to take off? Can you re-fill cans anywhere when they're empty?

So' date=' we got a huey fixed up by one of the airfields, it only needed gas. How much gas do you need to take off?

Also, after some time the server crashed, and we lost the chopper before we could even take off. Whats up with this? That much time for nothing.

[/quote']

The big question is, did you hard save the chopper before the restart? I'm not *entirely* sure, and may very well be wrong, but without a hard save (scroll wheel save option) there is no guarantee of the chopper staying where it was.

xHawk' pid='44800' dateline='1337635192']

So' date=' we got a huey fixed up by one of the airfields, it only needed gas. How much gas do you need to take off?

[/quote']

The big question is, did you hard save the chopper before the restart? I'm not *entirely* sure, and may very well be wrong, but without a hard save (scroll wheel save option) there is no guarantee of the chopper staying where it was.

Yes we did save it, and we saved the tents aswell.

Unfortunatly the server sometimes likes to eat helicopters. Sometimes they appear after a server restart.

Sometimes they appear where you took off, sometimes they appear where you last landed.

Sooner or later you are going to loose track of it. Its a shame because of the time investment needed to get it up and running :(

So, can you re-fill the cans anywhere?

So' date=' can you re-fill the cans anywhere?

[/quote']

At gas stations. Or did you expect to fill them with dreams and laughter?

Unfortunatly the server sometimes likes to eat helicopters. Sometimes they appear after a server restart.

Sometimes they appear where you took off' date=' sometimes they appear where you last landed.

Sooner or later you are going to loose track of it. Its a shame because of the time investment needed to get it up and running :(

[/quote']

Or sometimes they never appear again

Our server had 2 helicopters go missing

I've got a question about helecopters and instead of making a new thread I'll just post it here.

Last night we found a helicopter, right next to a fuel tank with jerry cans. Score! So we filled it up and took off, but the fuel level was dropping rapidly. Come to find out we were leaking fuel. All the parts were green, but we attempted to fix some things anyway. We had fuel tank parts and scrap metal, but the only option we got were, hull, missile, avionics, and i think something else.

No matter what we repaired, we would keep losing fuel, even when the motor was off. It was like going 2 steps forward, then 1.5 steps back. It took forever to fill up, and when it did it would lose fuel at a rapid pace. What do you need to fix to stop this? And what item do you need to fix it?

I think it was 600 litres' date=' and each jerry can has 20 litre....

Anyways, so you need 30 cans to take off? Can you re-fill cans anywhere when they're empty?

[/quote']

No, you only need several cans to take off. Then I recommend landing it close to a fuel tank and begin fueling it all the way up. It takes about 50 jerry cans

Here's what we did: