Sign in to follow this  
Colinz

Battleye failing to update; keep getting kicked

I tried reinstalling via steam but nothing happens. Looking on other forums I saw something about manually updating the files but i honestly dont know how to do that, instructions would be helpful

how do i access the directory

how do i access the directory

please tell me you are joking when you ask that.

.sigh, you probably aren't kidding when you ask that.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

Edited by thetraveler12

i honestly am that bad but thx for the directions ill see if it works

I honestly hate this my computer wont follow the links just ends at an empty web browser can u tell where to find those links

Edit: Nvm i found the link

Edited by Colinz

I am having the same issue, get kicked with a message that my battleye isn't the right version. Have updated my files manually multiple times, keeps launching as 1.164.

I am having the same issue, get kicked with a message that my battleye isn't the right version. Have updated my files manually multiple times, keeps launching as 1.164.

I also have this problem. Installed Battleye in all possible ways but still says, "initialized 1.164." It ends up kicking me with the same error as OP.

Had the same problem, just found a workaround, however i hope to find a real fix.

I kept trying to download the updated dll from the Battleeye website and admittedly it started to drive me crazy. I went back and double and tripplechecked everything until i finally gave up and copied the dlls from the BattleEye site into the Expansion folder where they belong, as for the instructions and turned them read only after i noticed that the whole battleeye folder was updated with the modified file dates every time i started the game.

This always reset my BattleEye file to the 1.64 version while i needed the 1.65. Now that i put it to read-only it gives me an error message about it trying to override the files when i start the game from the sixlauncher (didn't try starting it otherwise)

I don't know what causes this and i would very much love to stop the game or the launcher from updating my Battleeye files with the outdated version. Is there a way where i can place the new DLL into the location it does copy it from? Or can i somehow stop this behavior?

As per instructions i have been logging into Arma 2, Arrowhead and Private Company before i installed, so i am... well not 100% positive its not caused by that... but i am 99% certain of it.

If the files are read only, it does pop up two error messages before the game starts, but you can press "ignore" and start the game fine. After that it works like a charm.

I did Kajan's fix, which seems to have fixed the issue with Battleye being reinstalled everytime, however, now I get kicked for some other reason.

v1.61.94945+

(Put these files into a folder called "BattlEye" in the "Expansion" folder of your OA install directory)

http://battleye.com/download.html

This worked properly for me, just make sure you replace the client and server that are already in the expansion folder.

Edited by Krozby

This worked properly for me, just make sure you replace the client and server that are already in the expansion folder.

Did exactly this. Still being kicked right at the last second before joinin a server. This is driving me insane!!

yeah, i am getting this too. server/client are both the latest, straight from the battleye site. hate to qq, but getting kicked for having the latest version every 5 minutes is getting old.