Sign in to follow this  
Jackftw

Why do guys play as girl characters?

I never understood why guys play as girl characters in almost every game that has the option. Is it to try and look ''pro''? And I especially don't get why you would in this game, because you can't use camo/ghillie suits.

• Like 4

Better question is why do people complain about guys playing as girl characters?

Seriously, who the hell cares? Do you not play games that force you to be a female?

I've heard some people say that they do it to exploit the nerd reaction to women "ohmagawd its a reel gurl have mah babiez plis" which might prevent or at least delay them shooting at them, allowing them to get the upper hand. As sad as it sounds, some boys out there on the interwebs are desperate and gullible enough for something like that to work.Or perhaps they would just rather sit and stare at a woman character as they play, even one as plain as that skin.

• Like 1

I actually have a legit answer why my group use to play "girl characters".

It was so we could identify who was friend or foe, Basically when we raided towns we knew if a player was not part of the group if it was a male character and since most people chose male characters it was easy to identify. Sure we ran into female characters but we all did a role check before we killed them.

The reason we stopped playing girl characters was because they couldnt wear clothing which made our 4 ghillie suits nulled so we swapped back afterwards :/.

3 different reasons.

1. They like to watch a girl's ass move as they run, so they play in 3rd person and watch their character's ass.

2. They want people to think they are chicks, complete with all the perks that come with (women are less hostile towards each other, as long as a man isn't present) and some men are easily, "Whipped".

3. They think the smaller size provides smaller hitboxes and thus an advantage in a firefight.

Though I don't play as a female character in DayZ, I often do in other games. For ne it is purely an aesthetic reason; I would rather stare at a female character for hours on end than at a male character.

• Like 1

My friend and I killed a guy playing a girl character in the Balota Medical Field, he must have respawned at Balota because he came rushing back with zombies on his tail and proceeded to kill my friend. He started gloating in Direct Comm saying "How do you like that fucka?"

I was in the same area but hiding in one of the Deer Stands, I couldn't see him but I sure as hell could hear him talking. Let's just say he was not happy.

So I just called him a queer in Direct Comm for playing a female character and for playing by himself at that time of night, then when my friend returned we both killed him.

He didn't have much else to say after that.

Also he was an Aussie, hence the "fucka".

Why do you care so much? People play as they want to. If I could play as an Iranian cross dresser you bet I would strap on those heels.

I would rather stare at a female character for hours on end than at a male character.

I hear this reason all the time, but it doesn't seem very valid. When you play a game like this, you shouldn't be staring at your character at all. You should be away of whats around you.

Why do you care so much? People play as they want to. If I could play as an Iranian cross dresser you bet I would strap on those heels.

I don't ''care so much'', I'm just curious. Don't get so butthurt.

Our group plays as female so that we can tell each other apart from the other players.

I don't ''care so much'', I'm just curious. Don't get so butthurt.

>No Butts were hurt during the making of this post.

I hear this reason all the time, but it doesn't seem very valid. When you play a game like this, you shouldn't be staring at your character at all. You should be away of whats around you.

When you spend 10-15 minutes running though the wilderness in 3P, you are effectively staring at your character.

I play a a female every once in a while to mix it up. Why? Because the option is there. I would love to see more character diversity in the game, instead of the standard white dude, blue shirt, kahki colored backpack.

and somehow, not a single person in this thread mentions the GLARING WHITE PANTS THAT YOU CANNOT REMOVE

picking female is either incredibly stupid or a way you can intentionally make the game harder

I've heard some people say that they do it to exploit the nerd reaction to women "ohmagawd its a reel gurl have mah babiez plis" which might prevent or at least delay them shooting at them, allowing them to get the upper hand.

This and a somewhat smaller frame on the character are why I am using the girl char in DayZ.

In this game playing a female is useless. You are restricted to the one skin because even if you find camo you can't wear it.

Still i played a female character once to test stuff.

In MMOs i played i used a mix of female and male characters... it's all aesthetics.

It's about what is nice to look at style wise and there are so many games where the style of male characters just sucks.

Two reasons I sometimes play female:

1. You might not be get shot on the same rate as if you play with male skin, can be

a: Desperate teens, I call that the "internet girl bonus". If guys think you are a girl you get better conditions, be it minecraft or wow or dayz. Ofc that fades as soon as you use microphone^^

b: "That guy uses a female charater, so he doesn't want to wear a gyllie suit and be a scumbag sniper, so I let him go" (that is what keeps me from shooting female anyway)

2. The exausted breathing of the male character. Sounds like a zombie to me and I get nervous all the time cause I heavily rely on audio for zombie locationing.

What Sephisto said is also a legit reason.

are you guys really not understanding that your bright white pants can be seen from miles away (especially at night)

there is pretty much no reason to play anything other than a black man at the moment

that probably needs to be balanced out

Edited by Refried

Let me put it this way:

If you are going to play hours on end, do you prefer to look at a girls ass or a guys ass ?

When gender has no impact on capabilities within the game it's self, why not enjoy the "scenery" ?

When gender has no impact on capabilities within the game it's self, why not enjoy the "scenery" ?

It does have an impact. Females have super bright white pants, and they can't use ghillie suit's/camo.

Because it's an option. If you are feeling confused or threatened by virtual avatars choices. I would sugggest counseling or stepping back and asking yourself, "How much lead paint did I just eat?"

• Like 1

Because it's an option. If you are feeling confused or threatened by virtual avatars choices. I would sugggest counseling or stepping back and asking yourself, "How much lead paint did I just eat?"

Just curious is all :P