Sign in to follow this  
Jaeskern

Hack Fest.

This is going to kill this game.It's getting out of control.

its already killed it for me.

What are some of the hacks being used? and how do you expect them to combat hackers, they have more fundamental things to do with the game. The server operators should be responsible for the hackers at this point.

Get an admin, ban them.

What are some of the hacks being used? and how do you expect them to combat hackers, they have more fundamental things to do with the game. The server operators should be responsible for the hackers at this point.

Get an admin, ban them.

Well, you cant get an admin to ban the hacker since there is no way to tell him.Side chat is off.Global is off.Way to encourage hackers to hack anonimously eh?

1/2 the admins in servers use hacks or have hackers in their core group of players therefore they ignore other hackers anyways or its the admin/admins friends doing it and they wont ban themselves so... kind of a crappy little circle of hacking

• Like 2

Well, you cant get an admin to ban the hacker since there is no way to tell him.Side chat is off.Global is off.Way to encourage hackers to hack anonimously eh?

server thread section maybe? where a bunch of servers have threads open so you can communicate issues with the admins

but like acix says there are rogue/dodge admins out there so against them not much you can do unless you can show its them doing it and report em to the support staff

thats exactly what ive noticed most of the hacking has come from. A lot of the time I see a clan on that owns the server. they are spawning helicopters and multiple atv's and have all the best weapons and just kill people. There has got to be a way to keep admins from spawning whatever they want. I understand if you pay for the server, do whatever u want. but make it a private server, it shouldnt be allowed on public servers where everyone is playing. yesterday my entire crew played for hours. got decked out in tons of weapons and gear. wanted to take a break and look at the map to plan our next move so we logged out. logged in at a completely different server in the middle of nowhere. as soon as i logged in I was teleported to and blown up by c4 by an asian player with 400 ping saying "herro there" I can seee uuuuu

I agree that probably a lot of admins are hacking but even if they were up for the responsibility of banning players how would they even be able to prove it. I can barely get a scroll wheel over another player before being shot at and hackers are far more dangerous....There has to be some evidence that people are hacking or else random people will just end up getting banned. I do agre that something needs to be done though

I consider myself lucky, I guess, because I've seen very little hacking. Most recent time was a jet strafing/bombing run in Electro. Yes, a jet.

Welcome to dayz? More like welcome to PC gaming... you're mistaken if you think this is the only game where hacks are being employed.

Welcome to dayz? More like welcome to PC gaming... you're mistaken if you think this is the only game where hacks are being employed.

no1 said or thinks this is the only game where there is hacking.

95% of people using hacks on games have switched to dayz because of the stuff u can do and the effect it has on other players.

if you havent seen anyone hacking then your lucky. But chances are there is on every server you play on, how would you see them on a 200sq km map unless they

do something that directly effects you

no1 said or thinks this is the only game where there is hacking.

95% of people using hacks on games have switched to dayz because of the stuff u can do and the effect it has on other players.

if you havent seen anyone hacking then your lucky. But chances are there is on every server you play on, how would you see them on a 200sq km map unless they

do something that directly effects you

I doubt that statistic. I have seen hacks, they're everywhere and I never said that I was happy about them. It's just that they're on almost every single game out there. Why is this one suddenly more important?

Edited by Sticker704

Change server and move on. BattleEye will catch up eventually and who knows, maybe when DayZ goes standalone in September non of these problems will still exist.

My last few deaths:

1) Five days ago. A man teleports into the NE airfield hangar behind me, playing "Hip to be Square" over ingame voicecoms, and wielding a hatchet. He is wearing Rocket's custom skin (woodland camo and a red beret), and is completely invulnerable to bullets. He kills both me and my buddy with his hatchet.

2) Four days ago. We encounter another squad who are moving around the map with both a helicopter, and a UAZ following underneath. We determine later that they're mostly crash-site hunting, but our squad comes across a crash site before they manage to. Unfortunately, they show up while we're still there. We unload on their helicopter and it flies away damaged. A minute later, we start dying one by one by an invisible killer at point blank range. It's blatant. Though they don't communicate or taunt us vocally, we can HEAR them walking around us before we are killed.

3) Three days ago. We find some new players, and form a small group. "Let's go to Zelengork!", we decide. As we're moving through the woods, a player in a ghillie suit appears behind our lead man. My squadmates are quick to the trigger, though, and unload on him with apparently no effect. They call hacker and begin aborting out of game as soon as they see he's not dying from bullets. I don't take the warning and decide to test out this invulnerability for myself. I do not survive this encounter.

4) I don't play for a few days, depressed about dying so many times in a row to hackers. Finally, I log in yesterday and create a character, intent on finding all the starting equipment again. I run my way up to Rog castle where I encounter barbed wire over the entrance. I step over it, and check out the place, finding a revolver. As I'm heading back downstairs to the exit, I see a player in a ghillie suit and carrying an AS50 on the other side of the barbed wire. "Come on out, I'm friendly!", he tells me. No thank you. He's running and walking into the barbed wire, but doesn't seem to know about stepping over it like I did. He's very chatty, too, and tells me he can see everyone on the map, including their vehicles, and is invulnerable. He even invites me to try killing him, and turns his back (I wouldn't show myself to him until he did), and he's not lying. Bullets to any part of him did nothing but make a blood spatter. He soon decides to leave and attempts to spawn a Humvee, but spawns a rubber boat on accident. He laughs at the mistake and shoots it up with his AS50 while helpfully explaining that it's okay, because he has unlimited ammunition. Well, thank goodness...? I hide like a coward until he's gone. This is the only encounter where I don't die at the end of it.

Honestly, I don't know what to think about this, anymore. One week ago, I would have made the argument that hacking was extremely rare in this game, and would have told people not to worry about it. In the past week, though, I've died ONLY to hackers, and judging from my experiences of the last week it's seemed to have become much more pervasive. I even had the good fortune to have found a the holy grail (an L85 AWS) at a crash site yesterday, and am now doubting that it was such good luck after all, since I'm terrified at the idea of a cheater teleporting in behind me and killing me without even the chance to fight back. Unless my last week's encounters are just a random fluke, I'm definitely in the camp for thinking there needs to be a much better way of policing these people, now.

• Like 2

1) Five days ago. A man teleports into the NE airfield hangar behind me, playing "Hip to be Square" over ingame voicecoms, and wielding a hatchet. He is wearing Rocket's custom skin (woodland camo and a red beret), and is completely invulnerable to bullets. He kills both me and my buddy with his hatchet.

That's brilliant.

abort?

My last few deaths:

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW!!!

Hacking in DayZ does feel quite common, I died to a Hacker in Chernogorsk yesterday, I was out to loot the Hospitals for Supplies for my Group, I caught a glimpse of a Player on a Catwalk near the northern industrial area of Chernogorsk, I take precise aiming with my DMR, I guess he must be 3-400 Meters out, I take the shot, I hit him in the Head, he starts looking around, I decide to hide in the factory, a little while later, I fire a few more shots, all of which hit him, he starts firing back and I run into cover, I exit the building as the place starts getting uncomfortable and I was scared shitless because he didn't die. Just when I stepped out of the factory he was right infront of me, point blank, I managed to fire a few more rounds, most of which seemed to have hit him in the chest area, no effect at all, he kills me instantly with his M4.

Some weeks ago I too found a hacker but luckily he didn't see me, there was an M1A2 Abrams "TUSK" driving out of Stary Sobor towards Kabanino in the north-west, I hid in the bushes when I heard the tracks from afar, seconds later the steel beast rolled by my head. I figured it was time to disconnect and find another server. Next Server, the first thing I hear is Gunshots, they're far away, I can see tracers coming from the Sky, it's complete darkness, all of a sudden a Light turns on in the Sky, an AH-64 is picking of people with FLIR in the night.

For now, best bet to avoid hackers is Abort out of the game as soon as you smell it's fishy.