Skell (DayZ)

DayZ Map for Iphone (Or other mobiles) and your own server?

Clearly by my Title Im curious is there at all a good Map like DayZDB available for my iphone that shows good locations and bad etc like an App of sorts (Which I hope DayzDB do).

Also how do I make my own server because im seeing people who make a server do only 1/1 that can go in and its locked dont see why it should be locked if its a 1/1 (Person paranoid maybe I dunno) then im also seeing ones like 1/40 but yet again locked so how do I make my own so I can only let friends come in or so I can travel around and look about the map by myself and not panicing some git gonna shoot me for no reason?

Edited by Skell
  • Like 1

Dunno about the moble part, but im pretty sure one may be in the works.

about the servers, that is agianst the rules. Either those servers are already outside of the hive (like the 1/1 servers) or they need to be reported due to breaking server rules.

Which brings up the fact that you need to study up the rules of hosting a server. Since the game uses a persistant world mechanic, you need to follow a few rules to keep the legitimitcy and fairness between players. For example, if you had a server where only you can be on it, it isnt fair that you can whore a whole server to yourself, and get all the best gear, THEN go to another server and flaunt it. If you loose it, oh well! Back to your private server to whore out loot agian. Not fair.

• Like 2

You can always load up an online map using your browser - Link > http://i.imgur.com/nyi6K.jpg

I have an android device and use this > http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22558-dayz-mobile-app-for-android-v-150/

Really good app and always being updated but as yet there are no ios versions :huh: There are plans for 1 soon though so keep checking

Regarding the server you would need to buy/rent one but i don't have one so i can't comment on who to use and what you can/can't do

• Like 1

Good news for you on the iphone front: I've made a map app for iphone/ipad/ipod touch, which will be available free in the app store just as soon as it passes Apple's review.

• Like 5

vfig that gonna cost money? + I wasnt expecting these replies so soon thank you for the replies ^^ Edited by Skell

Good news for you on the iphone front: I've made a map app for iphone/ipad/ipod touch, which will be available free in the app store just as soon as it passes Apple's review.

Sounds great :) I assume that you are gonna make own topic about it when it's released?

• Like 1

Well heres an added question for you vfig will the map have extras and show like where vehicles are and chance of a pick up being low, meduim, high etc like again DayZDB shows. (Yet there missing pedal bikes for some odd reason.)

Even if it doesnt id still take a look at it still might be handy.

Also to add what the hell does that button at the bottom right 'You have my beans!' ment to do?

Edited by Skell

I also have an iPhone :) If you need any testing or reviews just shoot me a PM

Also to add what the hell does that button at the bottom right 'You have my beans!' ment to do?

It's a 'Thank You' button to say thank you to anyone who helps you or posts useful information :)

• Like 1

It's a 'Thank You' button to say thank you to anyone who helps you or posts useful information :)

Well you got my beans then mate.

Edited by Skell

Sounds great :) I assume that you are gonna make own topic about it when it's released?

I will indeed.

Well heres an added question for you vfig will the map have extras and show like where vehicles are and chance of a pick up being low, meduim, high etc like again DayZDB shows. (Yet there missing pedal bikes for some odd reason.)

Even if it doesnt id still take a look at it still might be handy.

My goal for the first version of the app was to have a top quality map, with markers showing useful landmarks and important buildings—the sort of thing a real map might show. So it doesn’t show vehicle spawns or loot probabilities—those would be aids for farming loot more than playing the larger game. It doesn’t show small residential buildings or sheds, mostly because there are far too many of them for it to be worthwhile. But it does show deer stands, military camps, apartment buildings, water sources, fuel tanks, hospitals, supermarkets, and so on.

• Like 3

great work!

Any iPad support in the future?

It's not bad with retina pad but horizontal is kinda buggy with the menus

Edited by Zyklon p

You're not using my app—it's still waiting for review (Apple dragging their feet, it's very frustrating). I've made very sure that my app works well on both retina and non-retina devices, and both iPhone and iPad. You can see a small preview of it here ("media pack" has bigger screenshots): http://beancoastapp.com/

• Like 1

yup i have an awesome map for my iphone, loot spots, heli crashes vehicle spawns, i don't really need it cos i've been playing so long and i do know where everything is now but it's nice to have something i can switch to quickly for a reminder without alt tabbing!

Well there are now two new Apps of DayZ Maps for the Iphone which are both decent but I liked the one which has more of a bad rating.

The other was actually the DayZDB which I complained to them that they should do an App and look at that they have, which is also awesome, sad thing about it I can't select what I want to see and not want to see and I gotta press abutton to zoom in and out the map.

With the other DayZ App all I gotta do is do the usual to zoom in with my fingers which I prefer because it's quicker and faster dont have to fudge about pressing buttons to zoom in and out, so damn slow, but the one with the good zoom doesnt have all the things to show where like good stuff would be.

All it shows is vehicles and helicopter crashes and really Heli Crashes have got alot of supplys which ive seen on youtube videos, which I have yet to find one myself because I dont want to continue my game until I get a better video card struggling to see I see blurry vision about 10 feet away :(

Either way both I give like a thumbs up and down because both have there faults and there uses. Im hoping the bad ated DayZ become alot better which im wondering is this App vfig? I think its well done but still it needs like the info from DayZDB the low spots of items, medium and High for like Weapons and Ammo. Think DayZDB do like Green for food + Drinks, Blue for Medical, Equipment and Other things (Mechanical possibly) and Red for Weapons and Ammo.

Edited by Skell

Also to add Im still surprised how long I lasted I been on the game for like 10 hours straight just looting running, crouching and crawling if I hear a gun shot, depends if im near a forest, but literally with like 10 feet clear and anything past that vision blurry.

I literally see fuzzed up cube leafs on trees and what I see on youtube well pretty the same but more clearer on others so I know mines not right did ask my mate if his video card that he put in it as my other broke was compatiable for the game he did say probably not so he will be selling me one that will be, to add he did put that in and gave that one for free so I cant complain just hope his other video card sorts out these blurry problem.

If i put the thing on like High 3d res or just high on vid I see alot clearer but I jump or lag or something which you cant play like.

Edited by Skell