Sign in to follow this  
FinalMugetsuHD

Need help with this AWFUL game+installing this AWFUL mod

I purchased Arma 2 Combined Operations 4 days ago and I still cant play this mod, I tried everything! I searched on google youtube dayz wiki..nothing I always get errors while trying to join a server, I deleted and installed the game now for like 15 times and now I cant even start Operation Arrowhead because it says bad serial number giving in setup, I mean seriously WTF? I should have bought a better game with the money...

Anyone has WORKING guide that helps me installing DayZ and get rid of the error when im trying to launch OA?

What I tried:

Installing the mod manually

Six launcher

DayZ Commander

Worrom

Any other ways to install it?

I watched like 10 videos on youtube and did the exact same thing that they did but I still get errors

Step 1: Tell poeple you get errors and can't play the game

Step 2: Never say the exact error(s) that you get

Step 3: Call the game aweful without providing sufficient information to actualy get help

Step 6: Get pissed that no one can help you

I found where you said the error was:

[...] I cant even start Operation Arrowhead because it says bad serial number giving in setup.

Either

1) you pirated the game

2) you need to buy the game for a valid serial number

3) go to the provider you bought the game from (Steam, Gamestop, arma2.com) and contact their support that you have an invalid serial number (be sure to prove you bought the game with a reciept)

If the error is 'invalid seral number' then its pretty fucking obvious.

Edited by zenatsu
  • Like 1

Hi OP, I came across this same error when I purchased several copies for my family. I bought them all through Steam so when it came up with bad/invalid serial number I was concerned. It turned out however that due to demand from new accounts the issuing server was simply lagging. By the time I had installed the mod on the computers the serial number 'became good' by itself and the error has not re-appeared. Apparently as DAYZ is going nutz with new subscribers etc you need to allow time for the serial to be recognised.

I am sure a dev will respond in time however I can confirm that it happened to one of the accounts I purchased and resolved itself within a few hours, perhaps you are not giving it time between re-installs etc.

Make sure Steam itself is being ran as an Administrator.

Install Arma2 + Arma2: Operation Arrowhead.

Download Six Launcher. (Downloads Mod / Beta)

Find a server.

Not very hard?

Or you can run it through steam but if you can't even get the Mod running yet then I won't bother explaining how to do that.

Need help with this AWFUL game+installing this AWFUL mod

That attitude won't get you very far :rolleyes: