cfrock

out of my league please help

Alright, im at wits end here so im asking you guys for a moment of your time.

Im not the most tech savvy person, but im also not an idiot. im learning

Ok so i bought both games on steam.

i downlaoded dayz through 6updater.

Here is where im stuck...

at first i was tring to play through OA and i was getting the "you cannot pla/edit blahblahvlah.... .chaurus" error

(on the menu screen on the right side it showed the @dayz thing....note this)

after looking that up i read to run it through the combine operations... so i did

this time at the menu screen it doesnt say @dayz on the right hand side just arma2

which probably isnt good.

i tried to continue anyway and all of the dayz missions are x'd and when i click it, it says at the bottom in red version 1.62

when apparently i have 1.60???

well gents, im sure something;/s not right.

i really would like this to work ...i dont want to give up yet.

thank you all in advanced

edit: i checked through all the files and it seems like everything is where it should be

through 6updater

After you install the game you need to run both games atleast once, Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA.

If you used to install and update through sixupdater, why are you using the steam version to start?

Open sixupdater and join a server through there, i think that runs though the beta.

http://kodabar.blogs...rma-2-free.html

Step 8

You can't run DayZ from Steam by default which is a bit annoying. Skip this step if you don't care about Steam. If you've installed the Steam version, you'll already have a shortcut or two in there, but they're not good to you any more. You need to manually make a new Steam shortcut.
Edited by phEus808

alight, still no luck. i found a problem on my own. maybewill clear stuff up.

i didnt reroute the launch through steam, i opened up the steam files and made a copy of the exe and added the =mod=@day shit there.

so i fixed thatand did the launch through steam and when ni open up AO and go to the menu it finally says @dayz.

then the problem was it wasnt updated. so i researched andupdated it to version 1.62 but everything is stillx'd out..

now what?

and i ran both of the files already