SpiderJerusalem

An hour to find working server...

After spending over an hour searching for a server i crawled out into the street & instantly got a "No signal recieved for x seconds" warning & had to quit. 30 seconds of gameplay in an hour makes me feel like a muppet. I love this game but seriously, sometimes it's just a f***ing pi**-take! I can't even be bothered trying again until i rent a server & get it working... The worst thing is my anger will last about an hour then it's loading screen time again...

Anyone else spent more time loading the game, than actually playing? And anyone got a similar or even worse experience? Or more anger? I'm sure there are thousands.

My game works fine since the first time I installed Arma 2 and DayZ. Dunno what you guys doing with your game.

Are the servers same version(s) as yours is? This caused some issues to me when I started playing and had some trouble finding servers.

Try finding one you like and works for you, with the settings you like (3DP, CH, etc.), memorise/write down the name and favorite it on Six Launcher. Next time use 6L to get on that server and remember to close it afterwards.

Edited by Private Poptarts

Im not trying to be obvious but..

Pick servers near you and check you have the proper Arma 2 Beta version.

I tried quite a few before i settled on three servers that are usual fine for me

If you have incorrect versions it will stop you loading and playing

Back in version 1.4 I had very minor loading issues... But since then, no issues have arisen at all :| Sometimes it turns out my beta patch is outdated then I just go and update :)

I always have latest patches etc & use SixLauncher but a glitch with Six meant it kept updating every time i started my computer, reinstalled & that stopped. Server problems seem to happen more on lower level servers after any updates. Kinda really makes sense that the higher level servers update more frequently & are generally "better". I'm a d**k :)