Sroidi

Players in same LAN-network cannot connect to same servers

Hey,

I'm at LAN-party with my friends, we are all connected to same router and can play games like League of Legends just fine. But we can't play DayZ in the same server. When we try to connect same server only one gets access in and other ones just disconnect from host somehow.

Any ideas? You get Beans :beans: for a good answer :D

Edited by Sroidi

Are you sharing a copy of ArmA 2: OA? That's how DayZ gets your Id or whatever it needs to verify that you are you. If you're all sharing the same copy, you'll all appear as the same person, so only one can join.

Are you sharing a copy of ArmA 2: OA? That's how DayZ gets your Id or whatever it needs to verify that you are you. If you're all sharing the same copy, you'll all appear as the same person, so only one can join.

Nope, we all have different copies from Steam. Good try though :)

I'm playing with my room mate on the same internet servers, too. no problems here. he's got the complete non-steam version, (I've got the steam version (but don't start steam for the game) don't know if that matters though)

Edited by aenima

I'm running into the same problem right now with a buddy who is trying to lan with me. we can be on different servers and other games just fine, but we cannot connect to the same server together. it gives us a failed to join, or if one is already connected it says "no message recieved". any fix on this?