Sign in to follow this  
jjake121

Hordes?

Zombie Hordes  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should some Zombies be given a Horde like mentality?

2. 2. With a horde mentality should they be in groups of the size ....

• 5-10 zeds
    • 10-15 zeds
    • 15-20 zeds
    • 20+ zeds
    • Zeds are fine the way they are stop trying to change them :P
  3. 3. Should Hordes only be located in main cities/towns (Cherno/Electro/Berezino/Zelengorsk/Balota ect.)

• Yes
    • No, THEY SHOULD BE EVERYWHERE!
    • I don't like change! :P

Zombies at the moment in Dayz are a little well the same. When you see one after a week of Dayz experience they become less scary its more just like run into a barn out the other side then your safe. There's not much variance in there behavior and it can be quite predictable. Well I had an idea that perhaps some zeds could form horde like packs like those seen in Walking Dead.

I think it would be a good idea and make Dayz hell at times. Imagine going through cherno safe as houses. Looking out for people when you peek around a corner and see a massive horde of about 20 maybe more zombies. You can avoid them. But think about these hordes when you think about opening fire on a poor survivor. For all you know you could have 20+ zombies on your tail. If not careful I think you could easily be killed by the zombies!

• Like 5

This has been mentioned elsewhere, but yes--a thousand times, yes. More zombies. Heaps more, everywhere. Nowhere should be safe.

• Like 1

yea this game isnt really a zombie survival simulator its a starvation/murderer avoiding simulator, there arent enough zombies and they dont do anything unless you go afk in a town, standing up, in the road, during the daytime, only if you are unarmed, in certain towns

Edited by jeremynative.com
  • Like 3

yea this game isnt really a zombie survival simulator its a starvation/murderer avoiding simulator, there arent enough zombies and they dont do anything unless you go afk in a town, standing up, in the road, during the daytime, only if you are unarmed, in certain towns

agreed! I spend to much time avoiding and less time killing

Mass Hordes everywhere! Game is too easy in its current state. *Runs into building, spams M1911, combines ammo, rinse and repeat*

• Like 1

I think that the idea of putting them everywhere is a bit silly. Perhaps on Veteran servers, but otherwise, the idea of a large group of people moving away form the city is hard to fathom. Personally, I'd like to see large cities, (Cherno, Elektro, Stary Sobor, etc) be absolutely swarming with zombies, and for the fields and forests to be much safer.

We need large ass hordes, I've been able to run around electro and get a following of like 20 zombies (directly after which I ran around a corner to find to idiots trying to be stealthy, needless to say they were scared), in the 2 largest city in the damn country! I wanna be able to run into electro and get a following of like 100 zombies! Give stealth a meaning! This'll make people wanna form groups, or be stealthy, cause try fighting 100 zombies alone! Or more!!! Make firing a Lee Enfield in berezino attract 200 of the suckers!!! MASSIVE ZOMBIE POPULATIONS!! :bandit: Muahhahahahaha!!!! :bandit:

Edited by CarloNord

the zed population should be 10000000 times higher then the player population

hordes would be awesome, scope out a city, it looks quiet, turn around the wrong corner and a massive horde of 20+ zeds shambleing there waiting for a nice fresh manwitch!

Loving the idea of hordes, would be cool if they were endemic in big cities and occasionally get roaming hordes that head towards large concentrations of players they'd start at a city and then head off toward towards the concentration. Just imagine cooking your meat in the woods where you think your normally safe and having 20+ Z's come shambling through.

Secondly in terms of horde mentality when a Z aggros I'm not saying every zombie in the area should suddenly go mental, but they should definitely converge on the player at a shambling rate to increase the peril the player is put in. I wouldn't even be that upset if this led to more z's being spawned in around the player but would prefer it to come about more naturally.

• Like 1

Loving the idea of hordes, would be cool if they were endemic in big cities and occasionally get roaming hordes that head towards large concentrations of players they'd start at a city and then head off toward towards the concentration. Just imagine cooking your meat in the woods where you think your normally safe and having 20+ Z's come shambling through.

Secondly in terms of horde mentality when a Z aggros I'm not saying every zombie in the area should suddenly go mental, but they should definitely converge on the player at a shambling rate to increase the peril the player is put in. I wouldn't even be that upset if this led to more z's being spawned in around the player but would prefer it to come about more naturally.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking along the lines of. I think they should leave cities occasionally to add some more diversity to the game, some unpredictability.