Ok so I found this van, repaired everything but the engine parts, after looking ages for them I decided to move the van to a safer place. I drove it up a hill got out and kept looking. A few minutes later I heard a BOOM and saw the explosion, I quickly ran to it and there's my van upside down all blown up, next to it a dead survivor (who obviously stole the van) I really wish it wasn't so hard to repair vehicles in this game, Was it because of no engine parts that made it blow up?

I think so but I have a similar situation at the moment so would like to know the answer too.

You should be pretty chuffed that your van blew up a thief though. Now he'll probably be thinking that people booby trap their vehicles.

the vehicles are very rare it sucks because te map is so big. i found a quad once and drove it 3 mins before i disconnected,i guess going fast is too difficult for the servers. i logged in and it was gone yet i was still alive :(

i found 2 boats also, one with no gas and one with gas that went only 14mph....

I love the quads! They can do 90 ish on tarmac. Great for a quick getaway. Never had a problem with the speed. Might have just been unlucky with that server.

the vehicles are very rare it sucks because te map is so big. i found a quad once and drove it 3 mins before i disconnected,i guess going fast is too difficult for the servers. i logged in and it was gone yet i was still alive :(

i found 2 boats also, one with no gas and one with gas that went only 14mph....

Yeah exactly vehicles should be a lot more common given the map size and population of the towns/city's... Oh well

I love the quads! They can do 90 ish on tarmac. Great for a quick getaway. Never had a problem with the speed. Might have just been unlucky with that server.

And yes, fishing boats suck, you need a PBX, they fly!

Yeah exactly vehicles should be a lot more common given the map size and population of the towns/city's... Oh well

I disagree, they're special because they're rare.

I disagree, they're special because they're rare.

I suppose, if they weren't rare then everyone would be driving around :P

Vehicles? There are vehicles in this game?

...haha yep pretty rare that you see them

found an atv in a camp last night then server was restarted while i was still at the camp, logged back in and the atv had vanished (dam your server bug!! ) so i made my get away a push bike that wasnt there first check but appeared at server start instead :-/

Ive seen a few vehicles here and their but they are quite rare and you're more likely to find them parked in bushes or hidden rather than in a town somewhere because usually groups swoop in and hide them before others can get to them. Its gotten better but since they cracked down on people saving vehicles off map but yeah.

As for the crash..the survivor probably jumped in and plowed straight into a tree and exploded

We saw interesting firefight few days ago.

2 guys with ATV shooting at some guys with UAZ which were refuelling at gas station.

Fight ended up with us killing atv guys and the other folks fleeing in their UAZ.

Was pretty intense I can tell ya! The weird thing was that 1 or 2 people "spawned" near that ATV in the end of fight and started shooting at us. Really dont understand how they got there unless cheating.

i think that bikes should be alot more common like about as common as death

bikes+3rd person are op

found a bike yesterday. saw it parked near a house. took a lovely tour of the surrounding countryside...with a bunch of zombies following me. maybe it's just me, never having used any other vehicles before in the game, steering that thing took a while to 'master'. if i was in an open field, and saw one tree i'd end up crashing into it and getting stuck.

eventually i got off to look in some houses for stuff...(still didn't even have a gun) and got overwhelmed by the zombies that were chasing me on the bike. duh. i just assumed i was going to be sniped off of it. didn't think so many zombies would be following me. :)

zombies love bikes, thats how you use them as a weapon, round em up the ride past another player, the Z's switch agro and you ride away laughing

was riding one last night down hill(60+kmph) in a thick forest at night with nvg's, stuck in first person mode .. not the most fun ive had on a bike rofl