Sign in to follow this  
Wrath (DayZ)

100% of people I've engaged D/C

you guys should chill the fuck out, there should be a solution for the ALT+F4 problem in the next patch.

Why do morons keep trolling by pointing out the shortcomings of a logout timer (of which there are a few) or moaning how it'd affect people who drop connection/play with a potato computer?

These dipshits are clearly alt+f4 pirates, enjoying the yolk of exploits.

If you shoot a zombie you should have a 5 minute logout timer.

If you kill/shoot a player it should be 10 minutes.

If you just want to logout it should be a 30 second timer AT LEAST.

alt+f4 should get your balls zapped with 50,000 volts.

I say there shouldn't be a log out timer unless you have recently been shot at or aggroed zombies, and by recently I mean 5 mins, unless you died from it.

Edited by Orthus

Have a base 20 second in-game logout timer, and reset it if you move at all or take any action, or if you take any damage at all or are bleeding. Increase the time to 1 minute for anybody in shock. Additionally, add a 10 second log-in timer, where your character is there but you're "waking up", the same as having been knocked unconscious, as someone previously suggested.

I think the solution is to make it like logging out in an MMO. You hit the "logout" button and your guy has to stay perfectly still for 60 seconds before you actually quit. If you take one step or shoot the timer stops and you have to hit the "quit" button again. If you alt+f4 your body stays in the world for 2 minutes vulnerable.

What fucking MMO does that?

LOL!

I think the solution is to make it like logging out in an MMO. You hit the "logout" button and your guy has to stay perfectly still for 60 seconds before you actually quit. If you take one step or shoot the timer stops and you have to hit the "quit" button again. If you alt+f4 your body stays in the world for 2 minutes vulnerable.

This idea...I agree with. It would fix the problem that has been plaguing this game for so long. So you die in this game, so what? It is a element in the game that keeps it such a great game, you can just pick up again, probably finding better loot. I know when I die it sucks, sure, but I find better loot than when I did last time. Still I agree with this. To leave you wait 60 seconds, if you alt+f4 2 minutes.

It's what has ruined this game.

oh no, the people who play this game ruin it. get it right.

What fucking MMO does that?

LOL!

hey kid~

Edited by internetTAB