Sign in to follow this  
Brian1220

Can you play Dayz with just Arma II: OA???

You need Combined ops, on sale on steam today for their summer sale.

ArmA II: Combined Operations is a package. It containts "ArmA II" and "ArmA II:Operation Arrow[something]"

Its like blizzards "Battle Chest" deals.

edit: I hate poeple that break up their questions with the title.

You need ArmA II and ArmA II:OA [the expansion]. Which ArmA:CO contains both.

Edited by zenatsu

No, from my understanding you can play with Arma II: Free version, and then just buy Arma II Operation arrowhead. For like $15.

So if you don't want to spend like $23 or so for the full package, then yes you don't need both. But you do have to install at least the free version.

No, from my understanding you can play with Arma II: Free version, and then just buy Arma II Operation arrowhead. For like $15.

So if you don't want to spend like $23 or so for the full package, then yes you don't need both. But you do have to install at least the free version.

You are wrong. You cannot play DayZ with A2:Free. Since A2:AO only works with the A2 game (not A2:Free)

You are wrong. You cannot play DayZ with A2:Free. Since A2:AO only works with the A2 game (not A2:Free)

Actually, you can, as I'm doing it :D

Use the Six Launcher or Updater and select the Arma 2 Free and it will automatically run it through as CO without A2 Full's addons

You can use Operation Arrowhead with Arma 2 free and it will work, at least for now. That's what i've been doing. Supposedly you'll miss out on a few destroyed vehicle textures but none that i've seen.

Actually, all you need to do is get ARMA II Free on Steam and drag the required files for DayZ from that, into OA, there you go.

I play DayZ with ArmA II Free and ArmA II Combined Operations with no problems, though setup take some extra work, http://kodabar.blogs...rma-2-free.html This website will help with installation. Hope this helps :) Happy Zombie Killing!

Edited by Butterzz

Great Thread , I was with the same daught :)