Sir Mitchel

Tent and Gear Problems

Is anyone successfully using tents? I've been playing for about a month now, and just recently I've run into issues with tents. Any gear I put into them often disappears the next time I log in, even if there was not a server restart. Moreover, I recently put gear into a tent, did a loot run, returned to my tent and got my gear back out. I logged out, and logged back in an hour or two later and everything was OK. But I recently logged in (about three hours after the previous login) and the tent was empty, and the gear that I stashed in the tent prior to the loot run (NVG, GPS, and Rangefinders) are now gone. This is even after I removed them from the tent, and they were on my character last time I logged in.

I understand the developing nature of the mod, and I'm not upset, however I would like to get some advice on what measures to take to reduce the chance of this sort of thing happening again.

Thanks.

you have to save your tent everytime you leave it - just like a car

Pitch the tent, save it, leave it for a day, then put stuff in it.

Good to know. I did save it, but I put things into it almost immediately after I pitched it.

I just placed a tent today for the first time and I dont have the option to save it, does it vary from server to server cause I already have a ton of rare guns and ammo and dont want to lose it but when I scroll I just dont see the option to save it.

nevermind I saved

Edited by shalkedeagle

I hate to bump my own thread, but I really could use some help getting my tents to work. They seem to gobble up my gear without fail, even without a server restart.

Here's my tent process:

1. Pitch tent

2. Put in gear

3. Save tent

4. Put in more gear later

5. Save tent

6. Logout

Upon logging in and returning to the tent all my gear will be gone.

Important note: it isn't due to people looting my tents. I tested them with empty tin cans etc., things I don't really think people would bother stealing...