UraNe

"CD Key in use" when i try to connect to a server

Hey,

I played for like 6 hours today, made a break, came back and couldnt play because it keeps saying "cd key in use" when i try to connect to any server.

I dont know why it keeps saying that. I tried to reinstall everything, delete Arma 2 Cache on steam and restarting, nothing though.

And no i do not use an illegal copy. I bought it legally on steam last winter. Everything was fine too, until today.

I hope someone can help me out.

Best regards

have you ever given your cd or used your copy on an unsecure computer? and when was the last time you used it before you got this error?

No i did not. The last time i played dayZ was 6 hours ago.

E: I found an unknown process tho, that keeps coming back when i try to kill it. I will run a virus scan. The process name is "iprtrmgr.exe"

Edited by UraNe

There are attempts of stealing GUID and then spoof them....

Make sure to file a ticket at Bistudio.com

• Like 1

That sounds really scary! I wrote a ticket now. Hopefully i dont need to buy arma2 again :/

I just made a Bitdefender scan and he doesnt find any suspicious.

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\iprtrmgr.dll OK"

The process iprtrmgr.exe is still going.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

So i got rid of the trojan and i can play without any error now. Im quite happy now even though someone played with my character and stole all my equipment (m4a3, dmr, alice, etc...)

Thanks for all the help!

So i got rid of the trojan and i can play without any error now. Im quite happy now even though someone played with my character and stole all my equipment (m4a3, dmr, alice, etc...)

Thanks for all the help!

in all honesty, if you had avast it would have been gone before you got it, ive had this try to happen to me recently but in avast i blacklisted the program name and now it will never get in :3

~silent

my account key was stolen apparently, i bought the key from bohemia interactive. sent in a ticket. hope i get a response, skiddies only seem to be SUPER active on the weekends. considering just not playing on weekends if this keeps up, hack and scripts everywhere.