Sign in to follow this  
Dregdor

DMR or M24?

What is everyones prefered sniper out of the DMR, and M24. i have used both and im kinda weghing the pros and cons of each. and before anyone says "Oh oh 50 cal!" please no. i dont realy like them. i dont know why but i realy dont. good for anti vehicle, but i dont encounter many of those while out sniping zombies for fun.

Think the DMR is the only sniper rifle that is NVG friendly. I use an SVD during the day, DMR at night.

Think the M24 is one shot one kill. DMR isn't.

I think you can split the DMR ammo into four clips of M24 ammo, right?

So really, the differences are minor.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

I love the firing rate of the DMR for groups, but for single targets I prefer M24

DMR definitely, works with NVG's and semi-auto and larger mag... the list goes on.

I prefer the M24, but as previously said the DMR is the only sniper that allows NVGs.

Myself, i use an M107, not because it's a .50 cal or anything, i have a love of Barrett rifles and i'm most accurate with it. The 1 shot kill i nice to stop Alt-F4 kids which helps.

But out of the M24 or DMR, DMR is my favorite because i can use nightvision with it so i can actually overwatch during night-time raids.

I'd like to get my hands on an M14 AIM for night-ops since that thing is accurate from a fair distance.

• Like 1

I'd like to get my hands on an M14 AIM for night-ops since that thing is accurate from a fair distance.

The only issue with this gun is the Red Dot gets in the way at far distances. It hinders the rifles long range abilities, but from 100-500m. Its a great all around rifle. One shot kill too.

The only issue with this gun is the Red Dot gets in the way at far distances. It hinders the rifles long range abilities, but from 100-500m. Its a great all around rifle. One shot kill too.

I've noticed just using NVG's with my rifles that it's pretty difficult to see past 500m at night with the fog that rolls in, had it a lot today overwatching Berezino at dusk. I think the bonus the M14 has to the DMR is that the RDS gives it decent range capability while being useful at close to mid range because of the RDS as well.

Hell today i got a clip emptied into me from 5m and it was fairly accurate. (Didn't see him hiding in a pine tree)

Hell today i got a clip emptied into me from 5m and it was fairly accurate. (Didn't see him hiding in a pine tree)

Its a great rifle to fire from the hip from. Most refiles, (Unless Rifles that have zeroing) are accurate up to the dot they are set before you have to use Milidots. For example the DMR mid Dot is good up to 400m from the middle. Considering how common the DMR ammo is, its rapid fire, and stopping power makes it perfectly acceptable to shoot from the hip with. Same with the M14 AIM.

So if someone sneaks up on you, you don't really need to swap to a sidearm, you can just turn and spray n' pray.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

Only DMR i have picked up was my first time with a sniper, managed to kill someone in i think four shots but quickly lost it to being careless in Cherno.

I'm much better at zeroing, leading a shot and accounting for bullet drop now, up to 600m on a goat as my longest, not that far but still progress is progress.

Having either a DMR or M14 for the from the hip fire rate, stopping power and the long range capabilities plus the abundance of ammunition would be great, lucky my group is well stocked on M107 mags.

DMR would be a night-ops thing for me, M14 i personally think would serve me better, plus there are a lot of DMR's all over, i'm a sucker for the uncommon stuff.

DMR would be a night-ops thing for me, M14 i personally think would serve me better, plus there are a lot of DMR's all over, i'm a sucker for the uncommon stuff.

After I figured out how loot works nothing is uncommon for me e-e;; so I see your point. I think my longest shot would have to be 900m~ with an SVD at some guy at the airfield running down the hangers.

The DMR is nice in the fact that the scope can be zoomed in and out. M24 isn't feasible in short to medium range situations, whereas the DMR can still manage.

If I had to make a difficult decision between the two, I'd say DMR as long as I had an AK or M4 in my bag.

Between those two, the M24. Mainly for minor reasons previously mentioned. But that's if I even pick one of those guns up, which is rare. I aim to grab an SVD almost every time.

Think the DMR is the only sniper rifle that is NVG friendly.

which is a plus for DMR
Think the M24 is one shot one kill. DMR isn't.
both do the same damage
I think you can split the DMR ammo into four clips of M24 ammo, right?
yupp so ammo for both is everywhere

M24 is more accurate then the DMR, you can zero the M24 but need to manually adjust the DMR by using the mildots, and as the mildots arnt exactly 100 meter markers the M24 has an accuracy advantage

So really, the differences are minor.
pretty much, little bit more accuracy during the day, or being able to also use it at night

DMR is the best sniper in the game right now..

Why?

- Common ammo

- Large mags

-1 hit most of the time up to 800m

-semi auto (back to back shots)

-nvg compatible

-sexy looking

Its just better... once you get used to the milldot scope its very fun to use.

zeroing beyond 800m is for pussays

DMR is king. Just love this weapon and hate the fact that i lost mine.