Sign in to follow this  
Rager (DayZ)

So do we need a way.

they could just grey out the respawn button until you find a knife or a gun.

That would actually make sense.

It wouldn't really help with people walking around on autopilot but it would add some authenticity

I don't see why not as long as it's not in Cherno/Electro/Bolota.

Either way, everyone sits there respawning till they get near a place they want. It wouldn't change anything but save time for players that want to meet with friends before going further into the game.

...You don't have unlimited time in real life....

There is no real way around it, if you add a respawn timer you will just get more people putting a weight on the W key while having to wait for half an hour for no reason before they can play with their friends - this would be even more silly and not improve the situation for anybody.

This x 1000. I'm all for realism and intensity in this game...it's what makes it so great. But the fact is that if I want to play with a friend/s and we have all just spawned, it's going to take 1 hour + to get everyone together. Some days I don't have much more time than that to play.

I don't have a solution, but it would be really nice for those of us with limited play time to be able to get with our friends quicker. Maybe break the spawn points up into four groups and allow selection of the group? Strategically placed borders on these areas would prevent people from getting their "good spawns" that they want, and 25% of the coast is still a large area that would keep spawners reasonably separated.

how are stupid noobs even a small threat to pros? Most of those noobs won't even have weapons...

Same with people trying to get revenge. if someone killed you and took your things, how can you get revenge? they'll just kill you again :)

If you have been killed in a town and spawn near it again. It's quite easy to find a hatchet, crowbar or a Makarov and even noobs know how to shoot at people. So one could just shoot you in the back.

Edited by Labargoth

afaink soon you will only be able to suicide if you have a gun and at least 1 bullet.

as long as the ratings people don't go up the wall about a suicide animation etc. the last interview rocket gave he talked about this, i think its already finished it just needs to the ratings people to say what they feel about it.

problem solved.

afaink soon you will only be able to suicide if you have a gun and at least 1 bullet.

as long as the ratings people don't go up the wall about a suicide animation etc. the last interview rocket gave he talked about this, i think its already finished it just needs to the ratings people to say what they feel about it.

problem solved.

That would be the worse idea ever, like really come on.