Sign in to follow this  
Rager (DayZ)

So do we need a way.

I'm wondering if they should add a way to pick the spot you spawn.

Before people jump on me and say wtf why? Or that would ruin the ______.

People are already doing it by killing themselves just to get to the spot they want (near friends) so why not just add it?

• Like 3

that would be really realistic.. hey i want to be born in Africa! no wait, i want to be born in china!

Or they could just make it so you only get 1 respawn every 5 minutes? To avoid people doing this.

Not to be a dick but if people had a choice about the matter there would be to many people at Cherno.

that would be really realistic.. hey i want to be born in Africa! no wait, i want to be born in china!

This. The idea behind the survival aspect is you are not prepared, you don't have a choice (unless you are a respawn asshole), makes you feel more part of the game, the thought of going "oh crap, infection is everywhere.. I don't know where I am but just now I'm not safe."

Personally, I'd like to see the entire coast as a possible spawn area. Create more of that "oh god where am I" feeling. Naturally spawning in Cherno would be silly however.

Not to be a dick but if people had a choice about the matter there would be to many people at Cherno.

There is never too many people at Cherno.

Or they could just make it so you only get 1 respawn every 5 minutes? To avoid people doing this.

How fast are you spawning? Jeez. Five minutes sounds quick.

• Like 1

Yeah I accept it when people are doing that to get near friends they want to play with.

But I hate it when people, mostly noobs, do it to get to a "good" spawn location. I've never seen a bad spawn yet. You can always get to barns, deer stands or some houses.

Or a even worse case: When people do it to get revenge on a guy that killed them a few minutes ago. (Luckily you don't start with a gun anymore).

This. The idea behind the survival aspect is you are not prepared, you don't have a choice (unless you are a respawn asshole), makes you feel more part of the game, the thought of going "oh crap, infection is everywhere.. I don't know where I am but just now I'm not safe."

Personally, I'd like to see the entire coast as a possible spawn area. Create more of that "oh god where am I" feeling. Naturally spawning in Cherno would be silly however.

You guys are talking about reality...really!Becausw when you break a leg you can roll and crawl nice, you can do that in real life, and you cna survive 3 days with 3 cans of beans and about 5 cans of pepsi, OH YEAH!Beans hae the power of regeneration...-.-'.And still zombies have super powers!This is reality boys...But still even this game has almost nothing to do with reality, only a few things, it is a very good game, only need to fix bugs and etc but if you think this is reality...Go live your life and you will see what I am talking about.

I really hate just seeing

'James was killed'

'James was killed'

'James was killed'

All over my death feed, it gets quite annoying

You guys are talking about reality...really!Becausw when you break a leg you can roll and crawl nice, you can do that in real life, and you cna survive 3 days with 3 cans of beans and about 5 cans of pepsi, OH YEAH!Beans hae the power of regeneration...-.-'.And still zombies have super powers!This is reality boys...But still even this game has almost nothing to do with reality, only a few things, it is a very good game, only need to fix bugs and etc but if you think this is reality...Go live your life and you will see what I am talking about.

I know someone personally who broke their ankle and didn't realize it for a few days, humans can survive several days without food or water, mainly food, water is more urgently needed (See hunger strikes).

And in a life or death situation, humans can do amazing things, just go read some life or death stories, i recommend 'Between a Rock and a Hard Place' autobiography of Aron Ralston.

So yeah, keep realistic spawns please.

Choosing makes sense for a couple reasons(off the top of my head):

1) People already will spam Respawn to get where they want. So it would eliminate that.

2) From a realism perspective, it is entirely beleivable that one's character arrived at Chenarus on a boat and had intended to land at a certain location.

I'd like to see how this would work. Why not try it on for a week or so?

• Like 1

Alright, so you live in a world where your only friends are a good distance away? In a real zombie apocalypse, I would probably go over to my friends house and try to survive with him. I'm not going to try and go 5 towns away just to find someone who realistically might not even be alive.

Respawning is faster than walking half an hour to the spawn thats closest to your next destination, so of course people do it. You don't have unlimited time in real life.

A button to chose would be actually nice to keep people from having to spam respawn.

There is no real way around it, if you add a respawn timer you will just get more people putting a weight on the W key while having to wait for half an hour for no reason before they can play with their friends - this would be even more silly and not improve the situation for anybody.

You could make it so there is only one respawn, but that would get pretty crowded I believe.

Edited by perestain
  • Like 1

I know someone personally who broke their ankle and didn't realize it for a few days, humans can survive several days without food or water, mainly food, water is more urgently needed (See hunger strikes).

And in a life or death situation, humans can do amazing things, just go read some life or death stories, i recommend 'Between a Rock and a Hard Place' autobiography of Aron Ralston.

So yeah, keep realistic spawns please.

Really...Can people on this kind of situation not get addicted to morphine...Yeah how can survive a few days without water and food now lets talk about infite stamina that amazes me!This is game is not like real life but it has some stuff like it for example at least with 2 shots you kill someone, that is real!But almost nothing is real in DayZ but as I said before it is still a good game to play

Edited by Pumbas

Or they could just let us pick our spawn so we can play with friends.

This game is more fun with friends, not running for 3 years to meet them. If they don't add a choice where to respawn players will just keep killing themselves. If they fix that, well it would hurt the game.

Choosing where you will spawn would be very bad.

All the stupid noobs will just spawn in Cherno, so it's even impossible for pros to walk through Cherno. Just an example. Also people would just spawn where they have been killed to get revenge or get their stuff back which isn't realistic.

You should just make a time limit like you can only respawn every 5 or 10 minutes. The problem isn't that people want to play with their friends, but spawn miles away from them. The problem is that people are trying to get a "good" spawn location or to get revenge on somebody and they shouldn't be rewarded for that by choosing their spawn location.

Edited by Labargoth

Why? you can restock and get all you need from any spawn point on the map, obviously some are better than others or you get spawn some where less desirable and then run for miles checking all spawn points to you find a loot hot spot only for that too be tapped too, which annoying but if you could choose where to spawn you would just get cluster fucks of people spawning in the same place.

I was playing last night and observing some players respawn, respawn, respawn for what seemed liked 10/15 minutes that to me seems a little pathetic!

I'd like to see how this would work. Why not try it on for a week or so?

Yeah I do agree with this idea. Since this game s still on alpha stage and Rocket himself admit this game needs more experiment before going to the next stage, why don't they constantly change some settings and see how the community respond to it. Before that, all we do is to post subjective judgements here.

Edited by JohnYueAlien

Choosing where you will spawn would be very bad.

All the stupid noobs will just spawn in Cherno, so it's even impossible for pros to walk through Cherno. Just an example. Also people would just spawn where they have been killed to get revenge or get their stuff back which isn't realistic.

how are stupid noobs even a small threat to pros? Most of those noobs won't even have weapons...

Same with people trying to get revenge. if someone killed you and took your things, how can you get revenge? they'll just kill you again :)

I think some way of spawning on your RL friends would be a useful feature, or having a way to spawn randomly but in a group (say you and your friend died at the same time from a player, you get to respawn together as well)

Im sure there's something in the works, the game still has a long way to go!

id like to see spawn points spread out along the whole coast like they used to be, i dont die often but when i do i respawn hard

you spawned at churno - frak

respawn

you spawned at churno - -_-

respawn

you spawned at chunro - your fraking kidding me again?

respawn

you spawned at factory - woohoo ...looks left see's churno 200 meters away -_-

noob town is noob town, i dont want to be there, ever. did that crap when i didnt know how to play

Edited by stuffnthings

People are already doing it by killing themselves just to get to the spot they want (near friends) so why not just add it?

People are hacking all the time, why not add the ability to spawn any vehicle and gun you want?!

Figuring out where you spawned and where your friends are and traveling to meet them is part of the challenge of the game.

Absolutely zero reasons to take it out.

And given that rocket has made a post specifically asking people not to exploit re-spawns, it's very unlikely he's going to add it as a voluntary mechanic.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby