I was looking for a new computer or laptop so i could play this game any suggestions would be great.

Almost everything that you can buy on the market at the moment will be ArmA II'able ..

• Like 1

Do you have a budget?

Any "gaming" rig would be able to run the game, the question is if you would like to run it at max graphics at a certain resolution.

• Like 1

Well i'm not an adult so i don't really have a budget....some laptop or computer that has a reasonable price to get for Christmas or a birthday that could run at normal or even high graphics.

Nvidia 550+ or 600 series is enough for graphics. i5 CPU.

You get more performance per money spent on a desktop rather than a laptop.

• Like 1

I don't like computer packages from larger companies for various reasons so I replied with what you should be looking for in them.

I'd recommend talking to a computer store, you'd need something with the following specs:

i5 CPU

Nvidia 550 Ti or stronger (or 600 series)

8 gb ram

7200 RPM hard drive (or SSD for high performance)

Windows 7 Home Premium

I don't know where you live but if you're swedish I could recommend where to buy the computer.

• Like 2

Well i'm not an adult so i don't really have a budget....some laptop or computer that has a reasonable price to get for Christmas or a birthday that could run at normal or even high graphics.

A bit OT but last time I checked ARMA II was rated 18+ ?

• Like 1

18 for arma 2 i believe, hehe ;P dunno bout dayz

Yah well obviously DayZ is a mod for ARMA, mods usually don't get a rating or get the same rating as the base game.

• Like 1

Ratings are just that, ratings. They don't mean jack here in Sweden but I know they mean a ton in Australia and Germany where games might not be released due to ratings.

It's a guidance thing, it's ultimately up to the parents to decide because it's their responsibility.

• Like 2

I wouldn't tell him to get an SSD if he is trying to get his parents to get it for him. SSDs don't impact gaming performance enough to justify them over a 7200rpm drive if price is a concern.

I would look for a 560 Ti and a decent i5 cpu with 8GB of RAM. Find a good price for that.

I wouldn't tell him to get an SSD if he is trying to get his parents to get it for him. SSDs don't impact gaming performance enough to justify them over a 7200rpm drive if price is a concern.

I would look for a 560 Ti and a decent i5 cpu with 8GB of RAM. Find a good price for that.

They cost as much as a 1TB disk today so the overall price doesn't have to differ that much.

If you went in to Best Buy most laptops in the $500-700 range will run it just fine. Just make sure that it has an actual Radeon or nVidia graphics card, and not just Integrated Graphics. My sorry little HP Pavilion I got a year or so ago runs it no problem. Most graphic options are set to low or normal. FRAPS has me around 25-32FPS.

They cost as much as a 1TB disk today so the overall price doesn't have to differ that much.

1 TB drive cost me 1/4 of the cost of a 320 GB SSD, so unless you want a very small SSD it is best to buy a good sized hard drive and then if you can afford it later upgrade and add a SSD.

After looking FOR A LONG TIME I found this fucking beauty:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e6fa88540

Operating system is an added cost, not included in the price. I hope that you bought it or already own and OS.

If you are a student you can (or at least used to be able to) buy a cheap licence for Windows 7

1 TB drive cost me 1/4 of the cost of a 320 GB SSD, so unless you want a very small SSD it is best to buy a good sized hard drive and then if you can afford it later upgrade and add a SSD.

120gb is enough. You don't have to have every single game installed at the same time.

i recently bought a kick-ass ibuypower gaming pc from best buy's website for $750. can run any game i've played so far, inculding dayz, on highest graphics no problem. someone in the product reviews said it ran mw3 on full graphics also (haven't tested that because i play cod on console). 1TB hard drive if you were concerned about storage. i could post more specs if you're interested. i could also probably find a link on the bb website.

Edited by socom77

I built mine by hand, but since my needs were way up there, mine ended up being $2300, you could get away with a DIY desktop from newegg, assuming you can get 400-500 dollars and know how to put together hardware.