Sign in to follow this  
Viper1107

On the subject of Barracks

just changing the loot table to give some chance of an M4 with ammo somewhere other than the 2 barracks.

Deerstands have military loot' date=' found an M16A in one of those.

[/quote']

That's low tier. At least put in some weapons with optics.

It's just strange that you can get an M14 EP1 at any fire house, but only get an M4A3 or just an M4A1 at the barracks.

See how the helicopters work out.

Helicopter wrecks have the same loot table that military structures.

M9 weapon 0.92%

M16A2 weapon 0.92%

M16A2GL weapon 0.18%

M9SD weapon 0.37%

AK_47_M weapon 3.68%

AK_74 weapon 2.76%

M4A1_Aim weapon 0.18%

AKS_74_kobra weapon 1.47%

AKS_74_U weapon 0.92%

AK_47_M weapon 0.92%

M24 weapon 0.18%

M1014 weapon 1.84%

DMR weapon 0.18%

M4A1 weapon 0.37%

M14_EP1 weapon 0.18%

UZI_EP1 weapon 0.92%

Remington870_lamp weapon 1.47%

glock17_EP1 weapon 1.84%

MP5A5 weapon 0.74%

MP5SD weapon 0.37%

M4A3_CCO_EP1 weapon 0.18%

Binocular weapon 1.1%

ItemFlashlightRed military 1.84%

ItemKnife military 1.84%

ItemGPS weapon 0.18%

ItemMap military 0.92%

DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1 object 1.1%

DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1 object 0.74%

DZ_Backpack_EP1 object 0.37%

medical 1.84%

generic 18.42%

military 46.04%

Body object 3.68%

ItemEtool weapon 0.92%

ItemSandbag magazine 0.37%

According to the cheatsheet. Nothing interesting to be honest. I expected some ph4t l00t, but no, same thing as other structures. Meh.

Yes' date=' they need to remove the concentration of high end gear, make it more spread out and reduce the chance rare gear will drop signifcantly. As is, server hoping for items is an annoying problem.

[/quote']

What is worse is that when there's only two barracks, it's easy as hell to block them off with irremovable barbed wire emplacements. Having the barbed wire being able to clip through solid walls but only being removable from the very bottom of the metal posts is rather shitty.

i'm the only one who manages to go over then simply with "v"?

NW Airfield is one of the most camped area's in the game. Be extremely cautious and don't go there at night (especially not on hc servers) for some people have night vision goggles.

There are far less people with NVGs than there are people with a CZ505

And from there on chances are even lower that a player with NVGs is camping the NW Airfield in your server

So I don't see how going out at night is more dangerous than going in there at day since you can be spotted and shot as soon as you leave the treeline anyway

Can't use CZ scope with NVGs.......... you need one of the two fabled NVG Scoped weapons that only spawn at helicopter crashes........... actually I should say "rumored" to spawn there.

Can't use CZ scope with NVGs.......... you need one of the two fabled NVG Scoped weapons that only spawn at helicopter crashes........... actually I should say "rumored" to spawn there.

Just use DMR.

All of the clutter and barricades and blown up shit is from the Dev. The barracks are there in the vanilla Chernarus.

BUT! You can place all sorts of buildings in the editor. Rocket could put down a giant Mosque on a mountain and spawn tanks in it if he wanted.

Not a bad idea actually!

I don't get this obsession with getting an m4, they suck balls. I've thrown three of them away.

The guy who said guns don't matter is more or less right. Of course it depends on how you're choosing to play in this sandbox. If this is a gear grind for you and you want increasingly rare loot to show off with then fair enough, but if your objective is to survive then any small advantage conferred by the rare weapons is countered a thousand fold by the risk involved in farming the barracks for them and their ammo.

I've been there a hundred times, constantly with heart in mouth as I'm well geared and don't want to die, and afterwards I always come away with the same sense that it was such a foolish and unnecessary risk. I still go though, for the adrenaline I guess, there's little else to do once you're kitted out at this point in the game.

'No' to increasing loot quality at the deer stands. It's already too high considering how easy it is to get hold of. Why is all this high end military gear sitting around in remote hunting stands anyway?

Some basic military items should be added to the residential loot tables so very rarely you can find a basic m4 or ak74 in a house etc. Then replace the deer stand military loot with a new category of "hunting/wilderness loot". Great place for newbies to easily acquire knife, compass, map, cz, tent, backpack etc besides the supermarkets.

I don't get this obsession with getting an m4' date=' they suck balls. I've thrown three of them away.

The guy who said guns don't matter is more or less right. Of course it depends on how you're choosing to play in this sandbox. If this is a gear grind for you and you want increasingly rare loot to show off with then fair enough, but if your objective is to survive then any small advantage conferred by the rare weapons is countered a thousand fold by the risk involved in farming the barracks for them and their ammo.

I've been there a hundred times, constantly with heart in mouth as I'm well geared and don't want to die, and afterwards I always come away with the same sense that it was such a foolish and unnecessary risk. I still go though, for the adrenaline I guess, there's little else to do once you're kitted out at this point in the game.

'No' to increasing loot quality at the deer stands. It's already too high considering how easy it is to get hold of. Why is all this high end military gear sitting around in remote hunting stands anyway?

Some basic military items should be added to the residential loot tables so very rarely you can find a basic m4 or ak74 in a house etc. Then replace the deer stand military loot with a new category of "hunting/wilderness loot". Great place for newbies to easily acquire knife, compass, map, cz, tent, backpack etc besides the supermarkets.

[/quote']

I actually really like this idea. Just make it so the high military gear is also at both Air Fields and the military camps.

Military stuff where the military is/was.

Super market for normal stuff, maybe even ammo too and maps and tents.

But make anything you would associate with camping or the woods be available in the deer stands. This would also help to fix the "wood" situation.

But make anything you would associate with camping or the woods be available in the deer stands. This would also help to fix the "wood" situation.

speaking of the wood situation.. I see an axe in a stump and walls of wood next to buildings, as well as firewood shacks in lots of towns... why are the piles of wood taking up loot spawns elsewhere, when we should be able to literally fill a truck with it at one of these spots?

Remove the Barracks

and increase spawn timers

This is supposed to be a survival game but these spawns combined with short spawn timers make survival very easy.

Remove the Barracks

and increase spawn timers

This is supposed to be a survival game but these spawns combined with short spawn timers make survival very easy.

The barracks a pretty dangerous place to be, I've killed countless people that were trying to go into them the same time as me.

Loot is over rated' date=' this isn't WoW. You just need a Winchester, Hunting Knife, and Matches. Mostly its who ever spots the other first. A assault rifle isn't going to do you much good when you can't get ammo regularly for it anywhere.

Those with the best loot usually seem to live the shortest lives.

[/quote']

i dont follow this logic one bit, as it takes MORE time to get the best loot...

i think rocket should implement dungeons so we can team up and try to get the epic rare gear from the bosses.

otherwise i am demanding my money back.

fucking retard

Loot is over rated' date=' this isn't WoW. You just need a Winchester, Hunting Knife, and Matches. Mostly its who ever spots the other first. A assault rifle isn't going to do you much good when you can't get ammo regularly for it anywhere.

Those with the best loot usually seem to live the shortest lives.

[/quote']

i dont follow this logic one bit, as it takes MORE time to get the best loot...

i think rocket should implement dungeons so we can team up and try to get the epic rare gear from the bosses.

otherwise i am demanding my money back.

fucking retard

You do know he's being sarcastic, right?