Ze poll  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How do you usually die?

• Zombies
    • Players
    • Bugs
    • Accidents
    • Other (explain in the thread)

I've died more time by bullshit system bugs than anything. DayZ isn't worth the shit it's made of.

Players. Once sniped at NWA, but thankfully my friend made it out alive. Sniped in Cherno once because it was my 2nd day playing, so I was an idiot. A gunfight with a person at Zelenogorsk supermarket. And one other time at NWA where my 2 friends and I had a gunfight with a sniper. He sniped one of my friends, while my other friend and I hid in the corner waiting for the sniper to come try to finish us off. He ended up killing us both, but good times XD. And then a couple times where my friend accidentally shot me. Good times though.

Other~! For sure.

I can count more than 10 times i've died to the evil hell rock or a pine tree ate me.

I suppose it could be attributed to bugs as well :P

I fell off a fucking fire station and broke my legs, too hell with crawling to cherno, I went up to a zombie and made him kill me.

My lack of attention is what kills me the most.

I hunt other players, and if I do not pay attention, I die trying.

Same goes for all those who said thay die from players. Change your playstyle, you will notice the presence of other players from far away, avoid or confount them.

It's not the Bandits fault that people silouette themselves, run in open fields, groups go all together in town, istead of having 1 or 2 people go in and the others scan the hills ...

You are the cause of your own death, but not behaving the way you should (steath) you are just setting the scene of your final act.

Hackers. It's kinda sad.

Same, so annoying to finally get the team together and then instantly die.

I'm always scoped in with my sniper or enfield, so zombies come along and bam

SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA

I'm dead or my legs are broken. 50% of morphine used in DayZ is for me >.>

I'm even between other players, and respawning.

I tend to get killed by doing stupid stuff, such as sprinting into a supermarket to be meeted with a shotty to the face.

As for respawning, I get bored too easily once I have 'military' grade items. Just doesn't feel like a survival anymore. So I off myself and play again.

Until this game/mod becomes less of a death match, this type of playstyle will only increase. This game has become 95% Shoot on Sight, armed or not, because everyone is percieved as a *threat* to everyone else.

Agree but i have no idea how they can "fix" it, unforyunately.

Since my noob deaths by zombies & only 1 clitch, i've only died by other players. My longest life was 7/8 days, 186 zombie kills, about 4 murders. I'm always friendly & type friendly in chat. Only attack if someone comes towards me or gets into a position with a long range rifle etc. I'd saved 2 players from zombie attacks, bandaged & donated meat & painkillers to both & a Makarov to 1 of them :D (He was dead within minutes, even though i cleared the area for him, waste of time). Eventually i died after my computer froze while i was in Berez military tents picking up a Coyote Backpack & a Bizon. I'm not ashamed to tell you that i cried.

Bugs. Of course, In the early days, I died many times to Zombies and the like. But now, hell, I only die once a week at most. Got 14 murders, one bandit Kill, 300 Zombie kills and 9 days on this particular character.

Just waiting for a door to roundhouse kick me in the face again.

Edited by Spartan114

My lack of attention is what kills me the most.

I hunt other players, and if I do not pay attention, I die trying.

Same goes for all those who said thay die from players. Change your playstyle, you will notice the presence of other players from far away, avoid or confount them.

It's not the Bandits fault that people silouette themselves, run in open fields, groups go all together in town, istead of having 1 or 2 people go in and the others scan the hills ...

You are the cause of your own death, but not behaving the way you should (steath) you are just setting the scene of your final act.

Honestly, I've somehow now, after a month or so of playtime, developed an uncanny ability to see players from rather far away, and to hear audio cues much better.

I have never died to zombies.

I have died 4 times to players I believe. All after I told them I was friendly and had no supplies.

I died once to a glitch were a wave pushed me into the wall of a boat and did 16,000 blood damage, I was at -4000 el oh el.

And I died one time by jumping off a building to see how much fall damage I would take, it killed me.

Players.

My group and I went to loot NWAF and our guys with snipers cleared it for us, we looted barracks and a Chinese farmer killed all of us with an enfield.. Anyways, enough storytime