Sign in to follow this  
Asdfreak

Not even starting in the first place

I followed the tutorials on how to install DayZ on the steam installation. I downloaded everything and put it in the @DayZ and then the addon folder on my steam installation of operation arrowhead. I tried typing it and copy pasting it, I even tried using worroms DayZ installer, but no matter how I am doing it, it does not work. Using Steam I only get a short cmd console disapearing right away again, and using the installer nothing happens at all.

Does anybody know a solution to this? I have searched the other topics here already, and everybody just has problems like disconnecting or animations missing, but I have not even found a single other person having the problem solved or even having it in the first place.

Thanks for your help already

A friend of mine had the same problem and fixed it by downloading and reinstalling the game from steam then using the Six Updater for DayZ.

Haven't tried that, but I found an easier and quicker solution: I hadn't restarted my Computer after installing Arma, so when the automatic updater of windows shut my system down for updates in an unattended moment and I restarted it, everything worked without a single problem. I would recommend to just restart the computer and try if it works then, should you be facing the same problem