Sign in to follow this  
entryfive

" Arma 2 Reinforcements Has Stopped Working "

I have recently bought the game on Thursday and finally finished the download yesterday. I did every step on getting the mod, DayZ onto the game itself, but never gotten to play a single second on a DayZ server. Whenever I get into a server it goes through a process of loadings when it eventually finishes it takes me out of the game and into my desktop with a message noting, " Arma 2 Reinforcements Has Stopped Working." I went through a series of research and Googling and came up with nothing. I am a very sad panda at the moment and would love to actually play this game with the mod. If anyone has any way of solving this situation can you please contact me through here or through my email : entryfive@hotmail.com .

None of this is helpful. You'll have to do better than just saying "it crashed" for any degree of assistance.

were there any windows when you launched the game? if so what did they say?

Edited by icomrade
  • Like 1

Try going into the game, then into expansions, and disable Arma 2 Reinforcements. If that doesn't work I have no idea.

Edited by GrimReaper05

Everything loads the same with everyone else, the only difference is that the game crashes while I try getting onto a DayZ server that brings up a message noting, " Arma 2 Reinforcements Has Stopped Working." The only Arma games I currently have through my Steam account is Arma 2 and Arma 2 : Operation Arrowhead.

Edited by entryfive

You have to go to your arma2 OA folder located in your steam/common/Arma2 Operation Arrowhead and delete the dsound.dll or a file of that sort. That is how I fix my problem

You have to go to your arma2 OA folder located in your steam/common/Arma2 Operation Arrowhead and delete the dsound.dll or a file of that sort. That is how I fix my problem

I have checked and seen no file with the name of ," dsound.dll ," through the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead main file, but I had seen it located in the main file of System 32.

To me happens the exact opposite. I can play dayz but i cannot play any other game mod anymore. No more coop, warfare,dm etc. Same message of arma 2 reinforcements has stopped working. What the hell!

To me happens the exact opposite. I can play dayz but i cannot play any other game mod anymore. No more coop, warfare,dm etc. Same message of arma 2 reinforcements has stopped working. What the hell!

I can actually play other game modes through Arma 2 : Operation Arrowhead , without any disruption, but for some reason I'm a dam hawk flying around.

If you guys have the beta patch 95208 then thats the problem. It is not multiplayer compatible

i had the patch before this one and i was still getting the error message

Since the last update of six launcher i cannot play anything else any mods via the launcher as it doe the exact same thing to me everytime i launch a mod... i think it maybe more six launchers problem as it has never done it before...

Yeah, Six Launcher has done somethign to the stock Arma2.

Since the last update a couple days ago I cannot play anything besides DayZ.

I've been trying to play my regular Arma2 servers but no luck, I just crash and get the "......has stopped working" window.

If you guys have the beta patch 95208 then thats the problem. It is not multiplayer compatible

REally? How assinine is that? Why would they put out a patch that disables multiplayer in a game that is ALL about multiplayer? I'm talking Arma2. DayZ as well i suppose but it is Arma I can no longer play since the auto update from Six Launcher.

Since the last update of six launcher i cannot play anything else any mods via the launcher as it doe the exact same thing to me everytime i launch a mod... i think it maybe more six launchers problem as it has never done it before...

Have you tried joining without using Six Launcher?

I have personally tried both ways and come out with no difference.

Have you tried joining without using Six Launcher?

I have personally tried both ways and come out with no difference.

I use the Six Launcher only for DayZ. That works fine.

I cannot load Arma2 (via Steam) to play any other servers and gametypes or PvP now. Prior to the past beta update that Six Launcher auto-applied a few days ago, I was able to play just fine on the same servers I've played onf or years with no problems.

Six Launcher borked something and they'd better fix it fast! Grrrrr..........

Edited by Slyder73

I use the Six Launcher only for DayZ. That works fine.

I cannot load Arma2 (via Steam) to play any other servers and gametypes or PvP now. Prior to the past beta update that Six Launcher auto-applied a few days ago, I was able to play just fine on the same servers I've played onf or years with no problems.

Six Launcher borked something and they'd better fix it fast! Grrrrr..........

Hopefully they'll do it soon :(

I wonder if the DayZ team even knows this is a problem. I'm not sure if this is really a DayZ issue, it is either a Six Launcher or BattleEye issue or combination of both.

any update on a fix for this problem?

I finally got it working last night!

The first thing I did was to delete every Battle Eye content and Day Z there was in my system.Next I started Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA and ran it for atleast 5minutes.After I had done that I updated my Battle Eye only through Arma: OA by right clicking it. When the update is done run Arma : CO through normal games like Domination and others, let it run for 10minutes then place in the @DayZ files. It should be working by now.