entryfive

" Arma 2 Reinforcements Has Stopped Working "

I have recently bought the game on Thursday and finally finished the download yesterday. I did every step on getting the mod, DayZ onto the game itself, but never gotten to play a single second on a DayZ server. Whenever I get into a server it goes through a process of loadings when it eventually finishes it takes me out of the game and into my desktop with a message noting, " Arma 2 Reinforcements Has Stopped Working." I went through a series of research and Googling and came up with nothing. I am a very sad panda at the moment and would love to actually play this game with the mod. If anyone has any way of solving this situation can you please contact me through here or through my email : entryfive@hotmail.com .

try use sixlauncher.

maybe you don't have the right game edition you need arma2 and arma2 operation arrowhead

I have tried using Six Launcher, but I also received the same results. I do have both Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.

I've had arma2:OA for a long time but it is only since I started playing Dayz by using six launcher to start the game I've started getting these issues.

No matter what mod or server I join, I always come as far as to the lobby and then when I've choosen a role and press start the game downloads misson file and a loading screen comes up, which only loads to 80~90% and then it crashes to desktop. Only a "arma 2: Reinforcements has stopped working" window shows up.

Now I am re installing everything and from now on I will only mod manually, and skip six launcher.

I've had arma2:OA for a long time but it is only since I started playing Dayz by using six launcher to start the game I've started getting these issues.

No matter what mod or server I join, I always come as far as to the lobby and then when I've choosen a role and press start the game downloads misson file and a loading screen comes up, which only loads to 80~90% and then it crashes to desktop. Only a "arma 2: Reinforcements has stopped working" window shows up.

Now I am re installing everything and from now on I will only mod manually, and skip six launcher.

My issue is exactly like that. I don't want to pay for everything and not be able to atleast enjoy my time in the game itself.

Same problem here (for both myself and a friend)...

We both play ArmA2 and DayZ frequently, although right now we're only able to play DayZ because ArmA2 is crashing every time.

The problem:

- I can play DayZ online without any problems

- I can't play "regular" ArmA2 online

(haven't tested ArmA2 offline though)

My setup:

- I bought ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead + BAF + PMC from Steam

- I use SixUpdater to update several mods and run multiple presets (including DayZ + beta)

Things I tried to fix the problem:

- updated and checked ArmA2 (and stuff) with Steam

- removed and reinstalled DayZ with SixUpdater

- removed and reinstalled BattlEye (due beta bug)

- tried to run ArmA2, ArmA2:OA and ArmA2:CO with Steam

- tried to run ArmA2, ArmA2:OA and ArmA2:CO manually as administrator

- might have done other things too, but didn't help either

My knowledge on computers is quite high, but this seems to be too much. I'm not sure if it's related to DayZ, but I haven't found any other post/articles about this problem yet without having DayZ. I also play ArmA2 for a couple of years now, and DayZ since the first open alpha and never had any problems before.

The problem might be related to the BattlEye problems or the current beta bug (although I run ArmA2 without beta), so hopefully someone has a fix for this.

The reason this was happening to me was because I had the incorrect version of Battleye.

I was running the 1.60 version of the game at the time, using a 1.62+ version of Battleye. All I needed to do was downgrade Battleye. This anti-cheat program causes a lot of problems regarding the patches. You might want to bookmark this page.

Directory: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

Edited by Trevor Graham
  • Like 1

The reason this was happening to me was because I had the incorrect version of Battleye.

I was running the 1.60 version of the game at the time, using a 1.62+ version of Battleye. All I needed to do was downgrade Battleye. This anti-cheat program causes a lot of problems regarding the patches. You might want to bookmark this page.

Directory: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

Ahhh... never thought of that!

I'll try this tonight when I'm back home.

However; doesn't this give problems while playing DayZ? Since DayZ requires the beta patch and thus the latest BattlEye.

I just hate to modify the dll every time I switch game ;)

Oh man I have this same problem and miss playing regular ArmA 2 online. If this works you can have all my beans!

Same problem here (for both myself and a friend)...

We both play ArmA2 and DayZ frequently, although right now we're only able to play DayZ because ArmA2 is crashing every time.

The problem:

- I can play DayZ online without any problems

- I can't play "regular" ArmA2 online

(haven't tested ArmA2 offline though)

My setup:

- I bought ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead + BAF + PMC from Steam

- I use SixUpdater to update several mods and run multiple presets (including DayZ + beta)

Things I tried to fix the problem:

- updated and checked ArmA2 (and stuff) with Steam

- removed and reinstalled DayZ with SixUpdater

- removed and reinstalled BattlEye (due beta bug)

- tried to run ArmA2, ArmA2:OA and ArmA2:CO with Steam

- tried to run ArmA2, ArmA2:OA and ArmA2:CO manually as administrator

- might have done other things too, but didn't help either

My knowledge on computers is quite high, but this seems to be too much. I'm not sure if it's related to DayZ, but I haven't found any other post/articles about this problem yet without having DayZ. I also play ArmA2 for a couple of years now, and DayZ since the first open alpha and never had any problems before.

The problem might be related to the BattlEye problems or the current beta bug (although I run ArmA2 without beta), so hopefully someone has a fix for this.

hey m8te i had the same problem i posted the solution hereo n the forums check my post works 100% http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/41543-appcrash-realy-working-solution/page__hl__appcrash

Yes this worked!

The only thing though is you cannot use the older BattlEye .dll from their website as it is too new.. I had to reinstall the game (Steam version) and then through Steam right click on ArmA 2: OA and re-install BattlEye that way. But it did work and was FINALLY able to join a Domination game.

Thanks man I am forever grateful.

Edited by SIMJEDI

Yes this worked!

The only thing though is you cannot use the older BattlEye .dll from their website as it is too new.. I had to reinstall the game (Steam version) and then through Steam right click on ArmA 2: OA and re-install BattlEye that way. But it did work and was FINALLY able to join a Domination game.

Thanks man I am forever grateful.

Which method worked?

Which method worked?

Trevors suggestion. Replacing the current version of BattlEye with a older one. Downloading the one older version off the BattlEye website did not work. I had to re-install the game and update BattlEye from within Steam. My problem had nothing to do with DayZ, it was with vanilla ArmA 2.

Edited by SIMJEDI

rest who think you have to reinstall the game. don't.

Use this, it works.

After installing 1.62. (did it because of crash to desktop in all VANILLA arma 2 OA servers )

A guy named Dallas said :

This is the complicated stupid way I take when I want to play Insurgency without getting the message "ArmA2: Reinforcements has stopped working."

-delete the beta folder in ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead/expansions

-install 94876 beta version

-download http://www.battleye.com/download.html v1.11 / v1.60 / v1.61.94876 BE Client for Windows (32-bit) - MD5: 6c3fc9824f0f7a548fcbac0171b14c65

-replace it with old file in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\

-run ArmA2:Combined operations through steam launcher

I'm sure there's an easier way, but next to smaching my fist through my monitor, this is the best I can do for now.

No need for reinstall

Edited by MrShizniz

rest who think you have to reinstall the game. don't.

Use this, it works.

After installing 1.62. (did it because of crash to desktop in all VANILLA arma 2 OA servers )

A guy named Dallas said :

This is the complicated stupid way I take when I want to play Insurgency without getting the message "ArmA2: Reinforcements has stopped working."

-delete the beta folder in ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead/expansions

-install 94876 beta version

-download http://www.battleye.com/download.html v1.11 / v1.60 / v1.61.94876 BE Client for Windows (32-bit) - MD5: 6c3fc9824f0f7a548fcbac0171b14c65

-replace it with old file in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\

-run ArmA2:Combined operations through steam launcher

I'm sure there's an easier way, but next to smaching my fist through my monitor, this is the best I can do for now.

No need for reinstall

I tried that and it did not work for me. Only way I got the older version is thru Steam. Bet your ass I saved it though....lol

Sucks I have to copy\paste the versions but at least I can play vanilla ArmA 2 online now.

Hope you way works for others though. And I feel that fustration man, I feel it...... ;)

Trevors suggestion. Replacing the current version of BattlEye with a older one. Downloading the one older version off the BattlEye website did not work. I had to re-install the game and update BattlEye from within Steam. My problem had nothing to do with DayZ, it was with vanilla ArmA 2.

Oh Okay, Can you explain how I can reinstall Arma? Do I have to redownload it?