Sign in to follow this  
stevi23

This guy takes the disconnect exploit to a new level.

I read some post, where a guy posted make an invisible bubble around every player. What this bubble does is that, if you get shot at and return the fire, and kill your enemy. You don't get a murder for it. Only self defense.

You could also make it, that when this bubble is broken there is no way to log out. And put a time like, if there is 5 minutes with out any shooting, then it will be okay to log.

Of course the problem with this will be, the panic log. Like an hacker defense log.

i got killed once, he Logged out quickly, joined another server, repositioned himself and then connected to the server where i was still trying to kill his frozen body, suddenly the body disappeared and he shot me from 50m away killing me instantly.

It's a terrible world we live in. :(

1. Make it so it takes a good 30 seconds at least to 'make camp' where it can be cancelled simply by moving or firing your gun (so you're still able to defend yourself if you get attacked in the process.) Being shot at or hit should also stop the timer.

2. However, if you fire your gun or are fired at, maybe make the timer longer, like one minute? And naturally, force quitting would cause your character to stay in the world, once they figure out how to prevent the duplicate character issue.

3. Prevent you from logging back into the same server for maybe 5 minutes, maybe even longer. You're still free to join another server immediately, but this would also help prevent those who 'server-ghost' to re-position behind players.

4. It's also been suggested there should be a login timer of sorts, where you have to pack up your camp/bedroll. You'd be stuck in the 'doing-something' animation for 10-15 seconds once you load into the world. Would also help alleviate server hopping on top of other unsuspecting people.

We could do with some sort of "in combat" system. Similar to Runescape (poor example I know but it's all I can muster from atop my head) like you're in combat and cannot log out for 5 seconds after leaving combat (subject to change)

most recently me and some friends (we're fairly new to dayz)were investigating a heli crash found some decent stuff dude starts coming at us in a jeep we shot him up so we go to get the jeep after he disappears (we figured he died) we get to jeep and he runs over he just went back to lobby and came back. Disconnecting like that if it goes on is just gonna cause too much rage for many players and it's gonna keep increasing seeing as it works hopefully something is done that prevents these kind of actions disconnect from a server or to lobby and make it so you can't rejoin right away, some kind of time limit would help out so much. yeah it would suck for people who disconnect and reconnect because of lag but it would be for they greater good

Not if they're using it as an exploit. I agree with the 15 second rule though. Or even 10 seconds. If you want to log out, you should have to wait 10 seconds before doing so.

I'm just saying if they want to ALT+ F4 ... let them... Although their character remains in game for 15 seconds after closing ARMA.

Some players can't be arsed using camp and waiting for 15 seconds to log and may simply want to close the game immediately... Which is fine - given that their character stays for 15 secs

Rocket said he's working on an anti-alt-f4 function for the game.. gonna see how it will work

why dont just make a logout timer, if ya hit alt+f4 ur char should still be free to kill for 10 sec or something.

ex. your 10 sec logout is reset if u move, if ya pull ur cable or loose connection u will still be in game for 10 sec, that whould do more good than bad i guess